The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Unread 09-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #16
jbrink01
is Blowin Smoke!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

$10 a pound with buns and sauce. If they bought the meat, then $8.50 a pound.
[CENTER][B][I][B]KCBS #13207[/B][/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]2013 Insane Can Posse [/I][I]Tour [/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][I]Sponsored By: [/I][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]Gateway BBQ Store[/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]Blues Hog BBQ Company[/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]Plowboys BBQ Company[/I][/B][/CENTER]
jbrink01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 10:53 PM   #17
CivilWarBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Take it from somebody with LOTS of experience - you can easily go broke cooking for free for all the non-profits in your community. Once you are identified as the go-to guy for free food the path to your door will be worn out by every church, scout troop, charity and community organization within 100 miles.

Yes, there is marketing value in doing some Pro Bono jobs, but you really have to pick and choose those, just like you do with your cash donations. It's a good idea to make a habit of not doing the same event for free two years in a row; you'll get more promotional mileage spreading yourself around, and folks will learn to value your services more.
CivilWarBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2010, 01:56 AM   #18
Smiter Q
is One Chatty Farker

I have been a leader in my church, and although pro bono or a greatly reduced cost is noble... I advise to charge a fair price, and as others stated.. do NOT give the farm away. You stated you are early in your earning career for Q. Do not get burned out by not earning money so early in the game. Most church folks want to be fair, but they usually have to be informed about what fair is for areas they are not familiar with. I hope it is a blessed event for them and for you.
Brian: Weber: OTG + Lime Performer - - Keeping the Armor On - Eph. 6:11
Smiter Q is offline   Reply With Quote