***VOTE- BBQ Brethren "This is Who I Am" Throwdown -VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "This is Who I Am" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SmokeJumper

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
San Francisco, CA and Phu Quoc Island Vietnam
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"This is Who I Am"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Saturday 8/28.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]BlkJeep[/size]
DSC03182.jpg

[size=+2]ipls3355[/size]
DSCN2769.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
IMG_6848-1-2.jpg

[size=+2]SmokinAussie[/size]
DSC_0032_797.jpg

[size=+2]SmokeJumper[/size]
FisrtBiteDragonFruit.jpg

[size=+2]Big_T_BBQ[/size]
4918220955_48b7b0cf6b_z.jpg

Great entries all.

Those burgers did it for me. :clap2:perhaps because they were good enough to convert a vegetarian!!!!

It may have been that great lookin' homebrew too.:thumb:

Great entries all around - except that wacko Dragon Slayer dude.

Yes Bill, that is definitely who you are. Had to vote for you and that beautiful slab.

Tom, sorry about bumping your great entry and thanks for offering to duck out for the rule violation.

Now Gore, about that rule 14...

:laugh: My entry was even more "Who I am" than I thought. Seems like anytime it's anything involving kids, I'm never on time, not even for a throwdown! :rofl:

I'm reeeeeeeeealllllllllllllly tempted to vote for the guy who's some kind of odd fruit just cuz it intrigues me and the photo is gorgeous. Then again, that slab o pig is tempting too. Decisions, decisions.

I had a horrible time deciding, but ultimately the "meat on a salad" won out. Great entries by all, even those with squirrels and dragons. Maybe especially those with squirrels and dragons... :becky:

All entries look awesome, but that steak and potato done me in.

As someone who has made my own bacon I know how much dedication it takes to make it and "Smokin Aussie looks like he did a great job,,,, so he gets my vote. Having said that, all the entries looked great, but my second choice would be the dragon fruit. I've never tried it but I'm going to now. Any tips on how it was done Smokejumper?

Having said that, all the entries looked great, but my second choice would be the dragon fruit. I've never tried it but I'm going to now. Any tips on how it was done Smokejumper?
Dragon Fruit is great chilled, room temperature, or grilled. I cooked mine over very hot coals for 2 minutes and then closed the dampers and cooked it at lower temperatures for about 15 minutes more. You live in the best area in North America to find them. I've seen them in Asian markets all over Richmond and Vancouver Chinatown as well as at the produce markets on Granville Island.

Dragons are much more difficult...

Back