Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness


Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Thread Tools
Unread 08-20-2010, 03:06 PM   #1
Full Fledged Farker
Join Date: 02-16-09
Location: Garland, TX
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default DFW area caterers/vendors/etc questions...

Hey guys just have some simple questions on how to get started in licensing/requirements/etc.

A friend and I have a possibility of serving Q at a local bar, and before we get in too deep, need to know how to get started going legit. Not looking for anything too specific, but rather a direction. I've called the HD and pretty much got the runaround and ended up being hung up on during one of many transfers. Checked the HD website for Dallas county and don't see anything on there about food handlers licenses or anything food related for that matter. If anyone would be willing to discuss things over the phone that would be greatly appreciated as well.

[COLOR=Blue]Assassin Smoker - dubbed "Keyser Söze[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue]"
UDS - dubbed "The Binford UDS 1000"
Members Mark Stainless Grill - dubbed "King Grilla"
22.5" Weber OTG - dubbed "Little Bit"
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-21-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
somebody shut me the fark up.
thillin's Avatar
Join Date: 07-21-04
Location: Keller, Texas
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

It depends on where you want to operate. If Garland, check if Garland has a HD. If not, then check if Dallas County HD covers Garland. If not, then it's goes to the State Comptroller. I'm working with Tarrant County in Keller. But after I'm certified by the county, I'm not covered in Ft Worth. Ft Worth HD is way more strict. Trailer has to be commercial made to spec. But local HD over rules county or state. You will most likely need a food handlers and food managers certs.

Once you find who covers your area, contact them and request modile food kitchen requirements. You most likely will need a commissary kitchen as well.
Med Spicewine-adopted 3/13/10 CL Score
2 Large BGEs(pimped out w/Thirdeye Eggcessories)-hatched 6/4/07 & 4/20/11
Med BGE-adopted 2/2/08 CL Score -SOLD
Mini BGE-adopted 1/31/08 CL Score
Traeger 075-adopted 12/3/11 CL Score
Weber 1 touch CL Score
Weber Spirit 500 CL Score
Weber Smokey Joe Silver CL Score
BLUE & RED Thermapens
Klose 20x42-SOLD

Paddlin Pigs BBQ
thillin is offline   Reply With Quote


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WSM in DFW area for $95... caseydog Q-talk 3 07-29-2011 12:45 PM
vendors, and caterers help a brother out mmmmeat Catering, Food Handling and Awareness 7 03-13-2011 01:23 AM
Hey From the DFW area joe bucker Cattle Call !!! 32 06-29-2009 02:08 AM
DFW Area TEXSMOKER BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring 6 10-05-2008 12:59 AM
Another Texan in the DFW area frognot Cattle Call !!! 30 03-30-2004 07:43 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.
no new posts