ブタ
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 08-24-2004, 09:09 PM   #106
BrooklynQ
Banned

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Ok, this has taken on a life of its own. If any of you read my post as a shot to Phil or Dave, then you read it wrong or I didn't get my thoughts out properly.

Let me try to explain what I meant. When Phil asked me to join the team, I said that as far as I was concerned, he was the boss and my job was to make him look good. I had no problems at all with Phil calling the shots at anytime. Phil was the one putting up ALL of the money. He's the one with the equipment He's the one with the winning track record. If I made him out to be a dictator, well then I painted the story with too heavy a brush.

Was I down playing my contributions? Not in my opinion. Iím not down playing Daveís contributions, he worked his ass off. He was much more involved in the fire control and actual cooking than I was. But, at the end of the day, my opinion was and is that Phil is the guy who pulled this victory off.

And hell yeah, I'd do it again anytime, any day, with these guys.

Dave and Phil, if you want to get into this more, letís do it privately.
BrooklynQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-24-2004, 10:17 PM   #107
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 4

hey.. bottom line here ladies... WE HAD A GREAT TIME AND WE WON TO BOOT. I'd team up with you 2 in a heartbeat wheather i'm cookin tending fire or doing support. Dont matter.. if the judges like the stuff, then WE did it!! Nuff said on this topic.

Team hug!!!! But it does open up another good topic I have been meaning to put together. All based on past experience. Stay tuned.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-24-2004, 10:53 PM   #108
parrothead
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
The only thing i did was fluff up the pork with you.
Fluffer mod.

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-24-2004, 10:54 PM   #109
parrothead

Quote:
Always put an odd number in.. like in floral arrangments. I was relaying those words.
Sounds like my mom.

American Picker Blog

Unread 08-24-2004, 10:59 PM   #110
parrothead

Quote:
If I made him out to be a dictator, well then I painted the story with too heavy a brush.
I did not see it that way. I just thought you played yourself down too much.

Still a good write up.

American Picker Blog

Unread 08-25-2004, 07:38 AM   #111
willkat98

Location: Chicago Western Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.

Wow.

You guys like to hear yourself talk at night.

Breath brothers, you'll never catch up.

"Bitch..." - Jessie Pinkman

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven
willkat98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-25-2004, 08:15 PM   #112
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 4

We're In The Window!!!! Dave reminded me of this in the other thread.

Thats Dave yelling at me to stop being a goofball.

i was glazing the chicken. Wasnt happy with how the skin was coming along and we were running out of time. I needed more heat. Decided to throw a grate in the firebox and do it over the coals. All along i've been doing it in the hotspot in the chamber. Dave kept a big pile of hot coals going right up against the chamber opening to gimme the high heat i needed. Still wasnt happy..
So about 5 minutes before turnin i decide to do it over the hot coals.... Im juggling hot grates and foirebox doors.

Dave starts yellin

NO NO NO NO WE'RE IN THE WINDOW. DON'T START EXPERIMENTING...... WE - ARE - IN - THE -WINDOW!!!!! MOVE MOVE MOVE!!!! .....

SOUTHERN BRETHREN BITCHSLAP MOD.

I dropped the grate onto the woodpile and got back to what i was SUPPOSED to be doing.

In retrospect, that fire was so hot, it probably would have ignited the chicken. It would have been nice and crispy for sure.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-25-2004, 08:22 PM   #113
chad

:D I had the chamber at 500 degrees one time when Phil wasn't looking! Insipient chamber flash fire mod!! Flames were coming into the chamber like I had a burner in the firebox!

Shut the dampers and chimney and opened the firebox to spread the coals for a bit and (there was no food in at this time) bring it down to a toasty 300. Then regulated it back up to 400 or so -- Phil wanted HOT then by cracky he was gonna be SMOKIN'

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
chad is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-25-2004, 09:47 PM   #114
BrooklynQ
Banned

what no experiments at turn in time?

This was just after the visit from the food network pretty boy. No wonder we were almost late with the chicken.
BrooklynQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-25-2004, 10:14 PM   #115
parrothead

Quote:
pretty boy.
Something we should know?

American Picker Blog

Unread 08-26-2004, 08:23 AM   #116