ブタ
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 08-21-2004, 06:16 PM   #31
Solidkick
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Way to go Brothers In Smoke!

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2004, 06:35 AM   #32
kcquer
Lives in Spirit

Congrats! Another Fine Showing :D
kcquer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2004, 12:11 PM   #33
parrothead

Quote:
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
What the fark is that?

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2004, 12:28 PM   #34
parrothead

Oh, and congrats guys. We want pictures!!!!!! Have a safe flight home Dave.

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2004, 12:36 PM   #35
The_Kapn
Moderator Emeritus

Just talked to DF on the phone.
He had a ball and sounds like Phil and Brookllyn Q did also.
Dodged the weather, barely.
Congrats to all the team--y'all beat some heavy hitters, especially in Briskit
Proud of you.
TIM

ps--Damn tough act to follow!
Now cooking with a Yoder YS640
Proud Pellet guy cooking on real wood.
The_Kapn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2004, 01:58 PM   #36
willkat98

Location: Chicago Western Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapndsl
ps--Damn tough act to follow!
You and DF are gonna do fine, now that he has a feel for the game.

"Bitch..." - Jessie Pinkman

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven
willkat98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2004, 02:07 PM   #37
badger
Bash lurker

Downloads: 2

Congradulations guys!
NB Bandera - modded.
Unknown Offset Horizontal- Looking for my babies daddy!
badger is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2004, 04:45 PM   #38
MrSmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Congradulations Team Brethern. You folks are on a roll keep it up. You make us proud to be Brothers.
Arizona Chapter BBQ Brethren-----AZBarbeque Hall of Fame, North American Outdoors Grill,Charbroil Red, #7 Custom Red Kamado, Bandera
MrSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2004, 06:59 PM   #39
chad

Well, made it safely to Tampa and then home. It was a great weekend and I'm glad I get to go back to work tomorrow to recover :D

Let's see: I get to drive, alone mind you, from Long Island, through Queesn, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and then New Jersy (taking the scenic New Jersy Turnpike THE WRONG WAY!) following a maniac in a black Escallaide pulling a black trailer, at night, --- hmm, I guess that's the ultimate road trip!!

Then I get to go Friday and Saturday with 1 hour sleep and drive back, alone, following the same maniac!!

Did I have fun?? Is a pigs butt pork? :D

1st in brisket and 2nd in chicken were really great -- beating Jack McDavid (Grand Champion) in brisket felt good. 4th overall with only 16 points seperating the 1st four felt real good, too.

It'll be real interesting to see how the Food TV "All American Festivals" treats us! The cameras were at our site at least 4 times and they ate our food, on camera, and Phil got to tell me to "take a breath" on camera -- so life is good.

Tim and I will meet up tomorrow evening and start planning and ramping up for our debut in October. Anne and I have judges training in September and one of her best friends, who now lives in Arkansas, is looking for contest near them so that we will "have to" come up and visti.

So, Tim, put on your seat belt! The ride may get bumpy!! :D

I'll write up some other thoughts after I've had time to think about the weekend and catch up.

Phil and Sharon (and the kids) were a joy to be with, again. Rob was an outstanding team-mate and I would definately not mind working with him again!!

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
chad is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2004, 08:02 PM   #40
Solidkick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFLittle
Well, made it safely to Tamps and then home. It was a great weekend and I'm glad I get to go back to work tomorrow to recover :D

Let's see: I get to drive, alone mind you, from Long Island, through Queesn, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and then New Jersy (taking the scenic New Jersy Turnpike THE WRONG WASY!) following a maniac in a black Escallaide pulling a black trailer, at night, --- hmm, I guess that's the ultimate road trip!!

Then I get to go Friday and Saturday with 1 hour sleep and drive back, alone, following the same maniac!!

Did I have fun?? Is a pigs butt pork? :D

1st in brisket and 2nd in chicken were really great -- beating Jack McDavid (Grand Champion) in brisket felt good. 4th overall with only 16 points seperating the 1st four felt real good, too.

It'll be real interesting to see how the Food TV "All American Festivals" treats us! The cameras were at our site at least 4 times and they ate our food, on camera, and Phil got to tell me to "take a breath" on camera -- so life is good.

Tim and I will meet up tomorrow evening and start planning and ramping up for our debut in October. Anne and I have judges training in September and one of her best friends, who now lives in Arkansas, is looking for contest near them so that we will "have to" come up and visti.

So, Tim, put on your seat belt! The ride may get bumpy!! :D

I'll write up some other thoughts after I've had time to think about the weekend and catch up.

Phil and Sharon (and the kids) were a joy to be with, again. Rob was an outstanding team-mate and I would definately not mind working with him again!!
All good news! Thanks for sharing DF!

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2004, 08:08 PM   #41
BigBelly
is one Smokin' Farker

Thats awesome! Grats on your brisket scores DF! What kind of cooker were using on that brisket?

When is that Food Network show going to be aired?

Family BBQ and Catering
~: Proud Bandera Owner :~
BigBelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2004, 09:06 PM   #42
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 4

We're home guys.. With 2 new trophies and $1250 dollars in winnings.!!

First in Brisket. Trophy and $750
Second in chicken. Trophy and $500.

Took fourth overall.

Again, we were the redheaded step childern. Look around at all these fancy rigs and tent setups, full dining areas, campers with full kitchens and beds, Some of these guys were sittin in chairs watchin TV and doin shots... Pro graphics everywhere..

Then there was us.

Our area, as usual, looked like a bomb dropped in a soup kitchen......
At least there was no U-haul. Had the stuff on the new trailer... brought the BYC and 2 Smokey Mountains. Cleaned up the act from last time.. only had 5 or 6 boxes of sh*t i didnt need this time. Hoping to get that down to 2.

Dave and my family got there Thursday night. We crashed at a hotel and was up to set up at 7am. Meat inspection was at noon. Rob and I did some final shopping for the greens and some dinner food.. Friday night we had a food orgy with a few other competitors as everyone was firing up the cookers. i cooked up a 15lb prime rib and few racks of lamb, next door did shrimp kabobs and a 10 lb sausage ring, corn on the cob and some noodle concoction that the atkins in me couldnt do much with.

We had our butts and briskets in the cookers around 10. Cheated this time and brought 2 smokey mountains... we did the butts and briskets in those with the intention of getting some sleep. That didnt happen. By the time we prepareed the brines, tipped the chickens and did all the prep work, not to mention a significant amount of bull****tin.. it was 4am. we caught and hours sleep and was back up and 5 to marinade the chicken and get the ribs rubbed and in.

We did 10lbs thighs, 10lbs wings, 9 racks of ribs, 2 briskets, and 2 butts. Not to mention 4 fatties and 10 lbs of sausage and kielbasa 3lbs bacon and a few burgers and dogs. Now ask me waht i ate...??? Nothing! aside from bites for tasting.

Food TV was there.. We got taped many times and interviewed by 2 seperate shows. I think the show is called American Festivals airing in oct/november.

Team worked great together... point and shoot the entire time. I was cooking and freaking out... Rob was keepin us organized, and Dave was the guy in the middle keeping us all working together. Kinda like holdin a hand on each side making sure we didnt stray to far.. Rob was solo on presentation and did great.!! And during the turn-in salvo we were actually able to breath and enjoy the moments. We did good!. This can definitely be an addiction. A load of fun!. Only problem, one hour after final turnin, we got hit withy a storm. 30MPH winds... we were hanging from the tent frame to hold it down. We had to pack up the stuff in between downpours. Get it into the truck before the next storm hit... a 30x30 foot tent was torn up and twisted like a pretzel. Storm was pretty serious. We had to be packed and knocked down by 4 for the awards. We didnt want another storm when we were inside to sweep away all the stuff. This hurried everything up and we had to split right after. Never got a chance to hang out with the other teams and shoot the sh*t. Maybe walk around and sample the competition. I need to start doing that to see whats winning and whats being done different.

all in all a great time... Even though Asbury park is kinda run down it has an alluring charm and alot of nostalgia to it. Its a backthrow to our childhoods. family wants to go back next week just to hang out.. and we may just be doing that.

We dicsovered the camera didnt have the digicard in it whe n we got there. So the pics are on film. I will post as soon as they are developed.

Also... i heartfelt thanks to Rob and Dave for making the trip and help in making the weekend a great time.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2004, 09:18 PM   #43
Arlin_MacRae

Downloads: 1

Farking EXCELLENT!!!
Tons of congrats to you and I'll be watchin' the toob for your smilin' mugs!!

NB El Dorado Offset, Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition
Home Brewer, Murderer of Squirrels, Armadillo Inspector
Flaming Pig Head Mod
Black Thermapen, red backlit Thermapen
Certified KCBS BBQ Judge
Missin' KC...
Arlin_MacRae is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2004, 10:23 PM   #44
racer_81
Babbling Farker

You guys beat THE Jack McDavid - the Grillin and Chillin guy? The Jack's Firehouse guy?

The guy with the ballcap and the red baseball sleeves?

Unread 08-22-2004, 10:34 PM   #45
badger
Bash lurker

Downloads: 2

So did you guys get an invitation to the JD? What places gets invitations?
NB Bandera - modded.
Unknown Offset Horizontal- Looking for my babies daddy!
badger is offline   Reply With Quote