The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Unread 08-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
cold_smoked_canadian
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Update on my trailer

Last year due to the inspiration of the brethren, decided to throw caution to the wind and build a trailer to peddle my smoked meat to the people of the lower mainland of BC...since then, boy have a LOT of things changed.

Spent most o' my lifes worth, got into a farkload of debt, been called crazy several times, lost some friends, made more, etc etc....such is life. Yet it is all coming together...and soon..while late on the game, Im showing up with a rig that is legal and licensed. and mine! Only took a year...lol.

Tried to get into Vancouver city in the first inaugural "street food vendor program"....to no avail :( To my fault I only put in one bid per wanted location, I didnt even think of "cheating". oh well. Kinda hurts though when I was ready and people bid when they weren't even close. c'est la ve! lol not bitter in the slightest.

Regardless, been lurking a fark-load...didnt wanna actually post anything till I was licensed and almost ready and I had something tangible....which is now. dont have pics of the completed rig on this machine, here's some of the smoker from back in January.
UDS inspired, sans door

It's like an embiggened 55 gallon drum...

handles/latches are billet stainless and pull the door so sweetly tight, crushing the gasket flat like a champ. (the white stuff is vinyl to protect the stainless while under construction...I babied it for as long as I could, now its a lil more war-torn)

Detail of the door; note the gasket just peaking out that you can barely make out at the doors top edge.

And my favorite part of teh whole farking rig...SNUFFER KNOT (not?) exhaust stack!

thats all the pics I have, Ill get shot of the whole rig soon.

so yeah, living my dream...wish me luck and Ill be keeping yous informed, Ill be around a lot more in the coming weeks with tales of success...or great woe.

Unread 08-13-2010, 04:50 AM   #2
Norcoredneck
somebody shut me the fark up.

Nice work.

The Prontologist is in...
Ok let's see your Butt!
Norcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-13-2010, 08:25 AM   #3
1FUNVET
Babbling Farker

Very nice looking rig
1FUNVET is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-13-2010, 10:14 AM   #4
Southern Home Boy
is One Chatty Farker

Hey, good for you! Where 'bouts in BC? I've got family in the Kootenays on Slocan Lake that I'll be visiting next year for a family reunion... Maybe you can cater a day for us?
Pro Q Frontier, UDS (Little Red), "Turtle Drum" UDS, CG Gasser KCBS CBJ#61160
Southern Home Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #5
Philly-QueMaster
is one Smokin' Farker

You have any handles of the hangles/latches you used. I'm building myself a stumps clone out of large commercial stainless steal refrigerator. I'm interested in what you used to keep the door on and snuggly closed.
Philly-QueMaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #6
cold_smoked_canadian
Knows what a fatty is.

Norcoredneck; thank you very much. :)

1FUNVET; Thanks alot :)

Southern Home Boy; Howdy! I live in the southern most western part of the mainland, infact I can throw a rock into the US from my back yard and can see the ocean from my house. (I used to be able to smell the Dennys, but they tore it down and put in a shoe-store.) Sadly the Kootneys are a 12-14 hour drive away. :( Great place with a rich Russian history. Make sure to try some of that buttery beet soup! (Goulash is the farking best)

Philly-QueMaster; The handles were made out of 1/4" x 1" stainless flat bar, a zipsaw, drill and hand drawn with files. The tapered part of the latch was 2" solid stock that was turned down on my lathe. I couldnt even begin to imagine what they would cost to buy due to labor (there's like, 20+ hours on each of the farkin' things), I dont have any money so everything on my rig is homemade in my shop.

Ill get some more pic 'morrow....I keep forgetting.

Unread 08-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #7
southernsmoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Scookum rig there CSC ..
Gone brick n mortar
southernsmoker is online now   Reply With Quote