The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
rweller
Full Fledged Farker

Default Had a great Time

at the BBQ at the Sumit in Dillon, Co. this past weekend

I flew out Friday night and my son met me at the airport in Denver. Yeah I go to vist with him for three day and also judge a BBQ contest. Doesn't get any better.
Any way he dropped me off at the contest at 9:00 a.m Sat. morning and it was 54 degrees, warmed up to 74 degrees. Real nice since the whole week before its been in the high 90's with heat index of over 100 here at home. There were 62 teams I beleive. I did table captain duties and got to meet some good guys from the area. It looked like they did a pretty good job and were pretty consistant with there scores.
After we were done judging I walked around and got to meet, Johny Trigg and his wife, Donnie from Buffalo BBQ, super nice guy, Tbone from Smokin Bones BBQ, the Sweet peppers from Albuquerque, NM., 4 Leggs Up from Great Bend, Ks. well I actually didn't get to meet Kelly he was busy cleaning up but I talked to his wife for a bit. and Mr Smokers Wild out of Ks. Can't remember his first name, I think it was Don, ChiBi BBQ, and sat next to the guys from Monarch BBQ at the awards and talked to them.
Congrats to all the guys that walked, good job.
Then I got to visit wth my son a few more day before it was back home and work.
The reps, Rich and Bunny Tuttle and Mark Simmons did and outstanding job

Ralph

Thanks from:--->