MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
Brew Crew
Knows what a fatty is.

Default First Brisket...thanks Bigabyte

Well thank you Bigabyte for the post on basic brisket tutorial. I have not fired up my smoker since I first got her on this past Super Bowl Weekend. I could not get a clean fire and had real bad creasote bitter tasting food for the first three cooks...I got so mad at myself I had yet to try again. But with the Cowboys having the first pre-season game of the season today I thought what better time than now to try again. I went to United and they had Brisket on sale for $1.49 a pound so what the heck. I search this great site again and found Bigabytes post and it sure helped. Although I had a pretty clean fire I was hestitant on the final results. I smoked the brisket for the first three hours with no foil, but then I was just thinking of the past cooks on my new smoker and all the wasted meat I ruined on her and could not resist the temptation to wrap her up. I cooked it again for 5 more hours before I tried to insert the probe, and it was just like butter. Well I guess wrapping it really did speed up the cooking process for it kinda fell apart while trying to carve after the rest. Could have also been the knife set was from 15 years ago as a wedding gift...maybe time to get a new set! Anyway the meat was just AWESOME tasting!!! We all like the our brisket more chopped up anyway. I was so giddy about the results I snapped a few pics. My wife and kids enjoy my BBQ again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brisket pull.jpg (72.3 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg brisket cut.jpg (72.6 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg brisket cut2.jpg (68.2 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg bowl brisket.jpg (61.1 KB, 188 views)

Old 08-08-2010, 10:20 PM   #2
Alan in Ga
is One Chatty Farker

Looking good from here I lke it chopped sometimes too
[SIZE=3]Golden Goose Egg(4 Times Certified)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Stumps 223 ,2 UDS,NB Hondo[/SIZE]
Alan in Ga is offline   Reply With Quote