MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:46 AM   #1
atvottawa
On the road to being a farker

Default Brisket cooking time 6lb 300-350F

Cooking a smallish brisket today. 6 lbs, I am doing it on my OTG at around 300-350, gonna try and keep it lower but its hard.

What should be the ballpark time it will be done?

thanks guys
atvottawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2010, 07:01 AM   #2
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

at 300 to 350 probably around 4 hours. foil @ 2 hours and start checking after 2 more for tenderness.
Smokin' Gnome BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #3
qnbiker
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Lew

I would start checking it at 3 hours.

Old 08-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #4
atvottawa
On the road to being a farker

So a fairly quick cooking time then, hmmm. I guess I should be fairly drunk by the time the meat is ready to go on the grill.

Foil it or not? I think its a fairly lean cut the one i got, should I slap a few bacon slices on it?
atvottawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #5
1_T_Scot
is Blowin Smoke!

Start it a little early and let it rest. Use the probe goes through like butter test instead about worrying about time or temp too much.

Supporting Disabled Veterans. Link Removed. Diveheart .org

Large Big Green Egg - Fathers Day 2009
1_T_Scot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2010, 11:08 AM   #6
DennD
Knows what a fatty is.

You can foil it or not... sounds like you might hava a flat, That's the lean part of the brisket. At that temp you might want to foil it at around two hours or whenever you have developed some nice char on both sides. Leave unwrapped the whole time at 300-350°, and you might find yourself with only a thin layer of juicy meat between two heavily charred sides.

For myself, I don't foil it, but I cook at 225-275. I only buy packers, and even if I separate the point and flat before cooking, I stack them until the last several hours so the flat doesn't end up with too heavy of a char. The point's a whole different story. I'll leave it in or put it back in to develop more char for a couple hours after the flat is done. Those fatty points are really good with nice juicy(fatty) meat between two nice crunchy layers of char. Makes for great pulled beef too!

GrillPro Cabinet Smoker(mods)
22" CKG(cheap kettle grill)
Uniflame 16" Kettle Grill
Chargriller ProDeluxe(mods)
Brinkman gasser w/smoker box
Wood Burning Firepit/Smoker
DennD is offline   Reply With Quote