The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 08-03-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
salmonclubber
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Smoked Rockfish Tacos

Last Sunday the wife and I went to Lapush WA to go salmon fishing the fishing was hot 25-30 miles south of Lapush I forgot the net and bait at the house so 12 miles south i turned the boat to head for shallow water and catch some rockfish we hit a spot that was red hot we had our limit by 0830
Today i decided to try some fish tacos never had them before but they sounded easy and good I had some chicken legs and thighs to fall back on if i did not like the tacos
I fired up the smoker and started the chicken when the smoker got good and hot and the smoke started to roll I wrapped the rockfish fillets in bacon so they would not dry out in the smoker placed into the smoker with cherry wood let the fish cook for 45 min when the bacon got done i pulled the fish out of the smoker the fish looked awesome I will be doing this again soon only without the chicken LOL
here are the pics

salmonclubber is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Nice looking tacos!
[COLOR=royalblue]18.5" & 22.5" Weber Kettles - Smokey Joe and Mini-WSM - [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]Bubba Keg - [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]#2 La Caja China[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Chargriller Outlaw[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Impeccably Accurate BLACK & RED Thermapens[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]KCBS CBJ[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Operation BBQ Relief Founding Member[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]I am Obsessive Compulsive about BBQ. Google it.[/COLOR]
Boshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote