The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 08-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #1
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default **Canadian National BBQ Championship**PNWBA Results

Prairie Smoke and Spice - Grand Champion

Diva Q - Reserve Grand Champion

Butt Shredders - Reserve

Brethren Mojo was workin' at Whistler! Congratulation Rob on your GC and enjoy the trip to Jamaica mon!

Danielle- it was nice to see you and again-Congratulations on the RGC-what are you going to do with the Kamado Joe???

Great venue, in the shadow of the Olympic Slalom course, Dusty's Bar was a hoppin' joint and the place just rocked!

Left Hand Smoke finished 6th Overall with a 1st Place Ribs call and a Winner Take All extra "Pork & Cork" pulled pork and wine pairing. JD & Rhanna rocked the special judging with the Ravenswood Zinf/Cherry sauce and a trip to Sonoma CA!! Also a 4th place King of the Grill ribbon with our Kobe Beef Back Ribs!

For full results http://www.pnwba.com/
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-02-2010, 10:38 PM   #2
JD McGee

Great job folks...an absolutely beautiful venue for the Canadians to take the top three slots in your back yard... Rob and Danielle it was a pleasure meeting you...I hope our paths will cross again very soon...
Northwest BBQ Society
We cook on MAK Grills , Big Poppa Drum Smokers, & WSM's
Proudly sponsored by Big Poppa Smokers, Kosmo's Q, Simply Marvelous BBQ, and MAK Grills
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2010, 04:08 AM   #3
Prairie Smoke
On the road to being a farker

Thanks John & Brian... it was a huge priviledge you meet both of you. We'll see you again in Lynchburg... I'll bet! Congrats on your own wins this weekend...

What an amazing venue... especially just after the olympics. We headed up the peak today on the gondola and were just awestruck by the snow, glaciers, lakes, views, etc... Way cool.

Extra congrats to my Eastern buddy Danielle on Reserve!
Memphis Pro
FEC-100
Southern Pride XLR-1400, SPK-500
WSM x 4, UDS, Weber 22" OTG
You don't win friends with salad!
@prairie_smoke
Prairie Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #4
goodsmokebbq
is one Smokin' Farker

Congrats!!

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those that don't

http://www.goodsmokebbq.com
http://www.roccityribfest.com
http://www.nybbqchamp.com
Backwoods Party,Backwoods Competitor,Weber 26
goodsmokebbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2010, 09:51 AM   #5
FamilyManBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Congrats LHS and all who competed.

Spent a long weekend working in Bellingham, WA. So close to the border I could almost smell the wood smoke!! You don't know how close I was to faking illness...just to come up and join you all.

Will be up North again this coming weekend. Brian/John, may have to swing by and say hello!!

Everything I cook is judged by SIX!!

Daddy and Me BBQ Competition Cooking Team
FamilyManBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
swamprb

Prairie Smoke & Spice
2010 Canadian National BBQ Grand Champions
Whistler BC, Canada

KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #7
Big George's BBQ

Congrats
Big George's BBQ is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2010, 06:42 PM   #8
dgassaway
Full Fledged Farker

Congratulations to Prairie Smoke and Spice , Diva Q, Butt Shredders, and Left hand Smoke!

Way to go JD and Rhanna. You'll have to share some of your "other category" secrets sometime.
1 Weber 22.5 with Rib-O-Lator & [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Navy][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Orange[/B][/COLOR] Thermopen[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]
____________[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=2][COLOR=midnightblue][FONT=Verdana]

PNWBA Board Member | CBJ #200356[/FONT]
Smokin' HOT Grillfriends | Wellseasoned & The CanadaQ Crew BBQ Team
Event Organizer: Big Red Barn Burner | Cloverdale Cowboy Cook-off | BBQ on the By Pass[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
dgassaway is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #9
impailer
Found some matches.

A huge congrats to Rob on the GC as well as the three 1st place finishes... It was good to see you and your family again!

This was an enjoyable BBQ contest - one of the best parts being that we could almost throw BEvERerages from our 5 star hotel balcony to our comp site.
impailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #10
Rib-O-Lator
Full Fledged Farker

way to go guys. sounds like you had a blast.
2. 22.5 kettles
a torch and weed burner in case the others fail, or i just want to burn somthin.
and a few Rib-O-lators (ROL)
Buford UDS kettle diffuser

B-O-B 206-999-0962 info@ribolator.com
http://www.ribolator.com
Rib-O-Lator is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-10-2010, 06:46 PM   #11
NorthwestBBQ

See all of my pics from Whistler here:

http://cid-5215efccb0189033.photos.l...histler%202010
NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-10-2010, 07:24 PM   #12
Mustang Sally
Knows what a fatty is.

Congrats PS&S!!! See you in KC!

Unread 08-11-2010, 10:35 AM   #13
Diva Q
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamprb View Post
Prairie Smoke and Spice - Grand Champion

Diva Q - Reserve Grand Champion

Butt Shredders - Reserve

Brethren Mojo was workin' at Whistler! Congratulation Rob on your GC and enjoy the trip to Jamaica mon!

Danielle- it was nice to see you and again-Congratulations on the RGC-what are you going to do with the Kamado Joe???

Great venue, in the shadow of the Olympic Slalom course, Dusty's Bar was a hoppin' joint and the place just rocked!

Left Hand Smoke finished 6th Overall with a 1st Place Ribs call and a Winner Take All extra "Pork & Cork" pulled pork and wine pairing. JD & Rhanna rocked the special judging with the Ravenswood Zinf/Cherry sauce and a trip to Sonoma CA!! Also a 4th place King of the Grill ribbon with our Kobe Beef Back Ribs!

For full results http://www.pnwba.com/
I gave teh Kamado to a friend of mine Angie. It was a beautiful red one. She will get lots of great use from it.
IT was a really fun time to be in BC. Lots of beautiful scenery and seeing the teams was great!!

My laptop is currently out of service but when it gets back up Ill update the blog with all the pictures etc we took. I was out there for 10 days and it was just a great food adventure as well!

Check out my new show BBQ Crawl !
Travel Channel (US) Cottage Life & Travel & Escape (Canada)

Life is too short for bad BBQ®
Diva Q is offline   Reply With Quote