ATTN NoILFo's - Helping a Brother...

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You may have read Chambersuac's post about his first charity event on August 7th in Manito, IL. We have that weekend free from competitions so I am going to drive down to help Dan out. I am planning on leaving on Friday afternoon, hopefully between 4 and 6pm, depending on my work schedule. I have two or three sets available in the car/truck (not sure which I am driving yet). Does anyone want to join me?

Let me know?

You may have read Chambersuac's post about his first charity event on August 7th in Manito, IL. We have that weekend free from competitions so I am going to drive down to help Dan out. I am planning on leaving on Friday afternoon, hopefully between 4 and 6pm, depending on my work schedule. I have two or three sets available in the car/truck (not sure which I am driving yet). Does anyone want to join me?

Let me know?

Lets make this a roll call Carpool thread

Ashmont Adambomb arriving Fri about midnight

Maybe next time. We are doing a party for about 60 or so folks up in Elgin that day. Sorry Dan (and Ron)

I'm out of town (still/agian) Sounds like a great event. Hope the weather etc... works out and you have a great turnout!

Thanks, 1 T - Stoke, I understand, I pray your event goes well!

We'll start cooking Friday evening - serving from 10:30A - 1:30P on Saturday (the 7th). Any and all are welcome to help!

Chambers when you say Friday eve.... What time? You gonna have to pad some time in for resting the meat. I dont suggest pulling out of the smoker and immediately pulling the pork. I have 2 150 quart coolers I can bring for resting. Just thinking!

Chambers when you say Friday eve.... What time? You gonna have to pad some time in for resting the meat. I dont suggest pulling out of the smoker and immediately pulling the pork. I have 2 150 quart coolers I can bring for resting. Just thinking!

Marty,

I'm not sure how long it's gonna take to cook the butts - it'll depend on the size of them. However, I plan to start cooking Friday afternoon around 5 - so that they can come off around 7am - rest for a couple of hours before pulling and serving. Our official time to serve starts at 10:30, but the St. Jude's Charity runners will be coming through town around that time, so people will be lined up early - so, I'd like to be able to start serving by 10 or so. What do you guys think?

Also, if you have room for the coolers, that'd be great - not sure how many I'll end up with from church members.

Also, you said you and Adambomb would be here around midnight - that's cool, but you do know you're only like 3 hours from me, right?

Thanks again, y'all.

Marty,

I'm not sure how long it's gonna take to cook the butts - it'll depend on the size of them. However, I plan to start cooking Friday afternoon around 5 - so that they can come off around 7am - rest for a couple of hours before pulling and serving. Our official time to serve starts at 10:30, but the St. Jude's Charity runners will be coming through town around that time, so people will be lined up early - so, I'd like to be able to start serving by 10 or so. What do you guys think?

Also, if you have room for the coolers, that'd be great - not sure how many I'll end up with from church members.

Also, you said you and Adambomb would be here around midnight - that's cool, but you do know you're only like 3 hours from me, right?

Thanks again, y'all.

Check coolers! Adambomb has football until about 9 and he got to go home and shower. Not ridin in the truck with a stinky kid. (Thats like ridin in a vehicle with Shane :heh:)You think of anything else you might need lemme know. Charcoal ect ect If you all wood I have a little bit....

Ash

Ash,
Dude, you really should have Adam see a doctor if sweating can make him smell like Shane :) (sorry, Shane, I haven't met ya, but I couldn't resist). We'll be happy to have you no matter when you get here. I'll know more in the next couple of days which parking lot we'll be cooking in.

I'll be making a list and if I see I need you to bring something else, I'll let you know. Thanks again!

Ron, are you bringing coffee? I'll be happy to pay for it, as I know that will help get helpers to volunteer :)

Ash,
Dude, you really should have Adam see a doctor if sweating can make him smell like Shane :) (sorry, Shane, I haven't met ya, but I couldn't resist). We'll be happy to have you no matter when you get here. I'll know more in the next couple of days which parking lot we'll be cooking in.

I'll be making a list and if I see I need you to bring something else, I'll let you know. Thanks again!

Ron, are you bringing coffee? I'll be happy to pay for it, as I know that will help get helpers to volunteer :)

Save a cooler for Barley Sodas! lollololol:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Wish I could swing this, but got some appointments the 6th and 7th already needing to take time off work for.

The thought of a couple hours with my buddy Ronelle makes me want to see if I can cancel/reschedule.

Hell, I'd even share a seat with him.

Just sayin,

The thought of a couple hours with my buddy Ronelle makes me want to see if I can cancel/reschedule.

Hell, I'd even share a seat with him.

Just sayin,

As long as you don't try to use my stick shift! Again!

Dan, I have two 150 quart coolers if you need them.

I should be able to bring coffee assuming I can roast on Sunday. Do you have big coffee pots available? I have two 50-cup percolators that I can bring if not. Do you also want some bags to sell to help raise money? If I have time I can roast a couple of extra batches. No promises, it all depends on the weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron,
IF there's room for the coolers, please bring 'em - I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. As far as the coffee - I do have some large makers and if you have some packaged to sell, that'd be great.

Bill,
Good to see you're still alive and kicking. Haven't seen you on the site lately.

Guys,
I am hoping to have "snacks" throughout the night for the workers and for the local law enforcement - and any hungry folk that may need a bite. I'm thinking MOINKs, ABTs, maybe some ribs. Anything else you can think of?

I'll pick up some "Lutheran Beverage" - or hoppy sodas (isn't that what you called them, Marty?) :) - if you have a request for a brand, let me know.

I'm only good for one or two hoppy sodas, so no particular brand for me. For some reason the hoppy soda triggers my gout lately. I normally drink water or diet soda.

Ron, they'll be plenty of other drinks around, including much water and diet. Try eating cherries when your gout kicks up.

Back