MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
dgassaway
Full Fledged Farker

Default Stumptown BBQ Smokeoff, Whitefish, MT July 24-25 2010

Results for the 1st ever Stumptown BBQ Smokeoff in Whitefish, MT.

Grand Champion: Smokin' HOT Grillfriends
Reserve: Fagen Brothers
3rd: KnucklHed BBQ
4th: Smokin' Box
5th: Side of the Tracks
6th: Devine Bovine, Chicken and Swine
7th: Up in Smoke
8th: Don K BBQ

What an amazing 1st year event, great weather, cold beer, good bands and BBQ. This was our first time to vend and we sold 43 butts (sandwiches and nachos). Everyone really seemed to have a good time.

Our entry in the Miss Piggy contest took second! KnucklHed kept hitting on her though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010729.jpg (36.8 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg P1010663.jpg (37.8 KB, 49 views)
1 Weber 22.5 with Rib-O-Lator & [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Navy][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Orange[/B][/COLOR] Thermopen[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]
____________[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=2][COLOR=midnightblue][FONT=Verdana]

PNWBA Board Member | CBJ #200356[/FONT]
Smokin' HOT Grillfriends | Wellseasoned & The CanadaQ Crew BBQ Team
Event Organizer: Big Red Barn Burner | Cloverdale Cowboy Cook-off | BBQ on the By Pass[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
dgassaway is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2010, 03:12 AM   #2
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Congratulations Dave!
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-27-2010, 09:13 AM   #3
Jeff Selle
Full Fledged Farker

Nice job Dave!!! Sorry I missed it... The Boise Music Festival was awesome though, we got a walk on our chicken and took 13th out of 27 teams (two of which are in the top 10 in the nation) We were two points behind Harry Soo on our chicken and even forgot to through in any smoking wood!
*1993 & 1998 Weber Performers
*Grill Dome Kamado smoker 18-inch
*El Cheapo offset smoker (CharBroil)
*4X8-foot trailered Santa Maria Grill
*Coveting a Weber Ranch Kettle
*Yellow splash-proof Thermapen
*Member of PNWBA/KCBS/West Slope BBQ Association
Jeff Selle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
JD McGee
somebody shut me the fark up.

Sweet...congrats David!
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #5
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Head KnucklHed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgassaway View Post
Our entry in the Miss Piggy contest took second! KnucklHed kept hitting on her though.

You summa bitch... sed you wouldn't tell! Err, I mean - You have no photographic evidence to support your outragous and rediculous claim!!

Oh and you forgot to mention that "your" miss piggy (david's hand cupping ass for photo mod) flung his thong out into a crowd of 1... a 4 year old boy and it almost landed on his face... prolly won't be seeing a return of the Miss Piggy contest in 2011, just a guess...

Congrats to you guys and you were even nice enough to send yer boy down to help when it came to turn in time... or was that to sabotage???

I did just fine screwin it up all on my own! 1st time doing a whole comp on my own and weren't too shabby if I say so myself! I'll take a 3rd any day! Specially when I had you guys, Fagan bros and side of tracks to contend with!
Was a great event, word is that there will be 10K+ on the line next year...

Was kinda disappointed that there was only 1 arrest made tho... was kinda hoping David's whole crew would find a speacial place in GITMO, oh wait, 'Bama's closing that, ain't he?

“We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this.” ~Butz
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2010, 11:28 PM   #6
dgassaway
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Selle View Post
Nice job Dave!!! Sorry I missed it... The Boise Music Festival was awesome though, we got a walk on our chicken and took 13th out of 27 teams (two of which are in the top 10 in the nation) We were two points behind Harry Soo on our chicken and even forgot to through in any smoking wood!
Way to go Jeff! I know that was a fun comp. Next year you'll have to come to Whitefish, it was a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnucklHed BBQ View Post
Congrats to you guys and you were even nice enough to send yer boy down to help when it came to turn in time... or was that to sabotage???
You caught on to that huh??
1 Weber 22.5 with Rib-O-Lator & [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Navy][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Orange[/B][/COLOR] Thermopen[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]
____________[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=2][COLOR=midnightblue][FONT=Verdana]

PNWBA Board Member | CBJ #200356[/FONT]
Smokin' HOT Grillfriends | Wellseasoned & The CanadaQ Crew BBQ Team
Event Organizer: Big Red Barn Burner | Cloverdale Cowboy Cook-off | BBQ on the By Pass[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
dgassaway is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #7
PorkHead
Got rid of the matchlight.

Default We're doin' it again - 2012 Stumptown BBQ Smoke Off

Hey folks, just wanted to let you know we're having another Stumptown BBQ Smoke Off this year in Whitefish, August 17-19. Hope to see you all there again!
www.stumptownbbqsmokeoff.com
p.s. Hey Smokin' Hot Grillfriends, would you mind if we used the picture of you accepting your award on our new Stumptown BBQ Smoke Off Facebook page?
PorkHead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #8
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Head KnucklHed

I'll be there for sure!!

“We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this.” ~Butz
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote