Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
Big Jim BBQ
Take a breath!
Default Yardbird

Cooked some Yardbirds tonight indirect on my Charbroil 940 and tried Plowboy's Yardbird rub for the first time. Yummy. Turned out great. You guys got it going on. I also tried some ABT's at the same time. Burnt 'em to a crisp. I learned you can't cook em over direct heat when the fire is very hot. I'll know better next time. The good news was those that survived were really good so I'll definitely try again.

[B]Charbroil CB940X[/B]
[B]Charbroil Bandera and an Old NB Bandera (in restoration)[/B]
[B]Charbroil [COLOR=red]RED[/COLOR][COLOR=black] infrared[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=black]Small Charbroil gasser (sorry), Weber Performer, Thermos Grill-to - Go[/COLOR][/B]
[B]UDS x 2[/B]
[B]Super-Fast, Splash Proof, Precisely Accurate, Highly Visible [COLOR=darkorange]ORANGE[/COLOR] Thermapen[/B]
[B]Fast, Accurate and Shipped Free [COLOR=navy]BLUE [/COLOR]Thermapen, Maverick ET-73, Maverick ET-732 x2[/B]
Big Jim BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2010, 10:43 PM   #2
somebody shut me the fark up.

Plowboy's rocks! And, you learned a valuable lesson. That's all part of the journey. Practice makes perfect.
Operation BBQ Relief Founding Member - I am Obsessive Compulsive about BBQ. Google it.
Boshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2010, 11:19 PM   #3
kyle corn
is one Smokin' Farker

Yardbird is awesome stuff! After going through 5 or 6 shakers over the last few months I finally broke down and just ordered a 5lb bag of it yesterday along with a whole slew of other goodies.
kyle corn is offline   Reply With Quote