The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 07-20-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
Jeff S.
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Judging Classes

While I am certain that most of you have taken Judging classes. I know that there are alot of people who, for one reason or another have not been able to attend one.

In this area of the country, there are some classes early in the season, and I think a few during, My work is busiest in the summer, and most for me are 4-5 hours away. There was a local class about 4 blocks from my house, and wouldnt you know, I had to work and could not get there.

For others like myself who are very interested in what goes on in the classes, are there any certified Judge Bretheren, who might post general information about the things that are taught.

I see this Judging Class post becoming a sticky with good info for those of us just starting out, who cant either find the time, or havent got to an actual class yet.

Plus, it may help fellow bretheren in future comps...

Trailer'd LownSlo 48" x 20" with a Char-Broil Grill
Hinged Dome UDS, Weber Kettle lid UDS
Weber Performer
Red (Super Lightning Fast)Lithium-Ion powered ThermoPen
2 Modded ET-73's 2 stock '73's
IGrill
WSBA, PNWBA, KCBS, KCBS CBJ
It's the I behind the Eye that see's
Jeff S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-20-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
thirdeye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Here is one of Ed Roith's classes word-for-word. I know there is a video of this out there cause I saw it several years ago. this article says it's available through KCBS.

http://old.cbbqa.org/judging/EdRoithCBJClass.html

KCBS - CBJ
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote