|Our HomePage||Recipes||Smoke Signals Magazine||Welocme||Merchandise||Associations||Purchase Subscription||Brethren Banners|
|Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.|
|07-13-2010, 08:27 PM||#1|
is one Smokin' Farker
Join Date: 01-15-09
Location: Salisbury, NC & Savannah, GA
2010 Jack Daniel's Criteria to Qualify
This was posted by Karen Walker on FB today, so I thought I would copy it over here for people to see.
22nd Annual Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue
October 22-23, 2010
The Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue is a competition like none other in the world.
• It is solely “by invitation only” with U.S. competitors limited by the criteria below. Grand Champions from the previous year’s Jack Daniel’s Invitational, the American Royal Open Competition, the annual Memphis in May and Houston Livestock & Barbecue competitions receive automatic entries.
• There is no entry fee for the competitors.
• Invitations are sent only to the “Grand Champion” of qualifying contests; no “pass downs” are allowed.
• Every U.S. team invited must earn its way to Lynchburg and into “The Jack.”
• International teams are encouraged to compete but may not include members who are U.S. citizens unless their primary residence is in the country they represent.
Criteria Effective September 1, 2009:
• To receive an invitation, teams must cook in the categories of pork, chicken, and beef to be considered that contest’s grand champion. In a KCBS-sanctioned competition, teams must cook the required four categories.
• If a contest is the only contest in a state, it should have a minimum of 15 competing teams.
• First-year contests that have a “state championship” proclamation from the governor of the state in which the contest is held should have a minimum of 15 competing teams. After the first year, a contest will be considered an “established” contest.
• Established contests that have a “state championship” proclamation should have a minimum of 25 competing teams.
• Contests with a minimum of 50 competing teams are qualifiers and do not require a “state championship” proclamation.
Any request for an exception to the above criteria must be sent in writing to Debbie Christian
• After a team has competed at “The Jack” nine times, the tenth year they win a qualifying competition, they will be invited without going through any draws.
• Any team that wins seven qualifying competitions within the current barbecue season (September 1 – August 31) – we’re the Old No. 7 Brand, right! – will be invited without going through any draws.
It is the team’s responsibility to provide Debbie Christian with the appropriate information (i.e. dates competed at “The Jack” or “grand championships” won that year).
Please call Debbie at 931.759.6332 or via email at Debbie_Christian@jackdaniels.com with any questions
Iron Pig BBQ - www.IronPigBBQ.com - "Reverse Sear" info on website
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Contest Results 2011 Jack Daniel's Invitational||Ron_L||Competition BBQ||80||10-29-2011 02:48 PM|
|Jack Daniel's Charcoal||PatioDaddio||Q-talk||14||04-13-2009 11:37 PM|
|Jack Daniel's recipe||Brian in So Cal||Q-talk||19||02-17-2009 07:58 PM|