oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners(temp offline)
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun weekly contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted each week. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, and the chance to choose the next week's category. Fun people only please! If you take this too seriously you will have to leave the party until you are fun again.

View Poll Results: Who should win the BBQ Brethren "You Know...For Kids!" Throwdown?
Chef Jim 0 0%
SirPorkaLot 3 3.85%
deeny77 6 7.69%
Gore 4 5.13%
zydecopaws 4 5.13%
SmokinAussie 5 6.41%
Big Al 2 2.56%
N8man 8 10.26%
Shiz-Nit 6 7.69%
BlkJeep 9 11.54%
High Q 13 16.67%
SmokeJumper 14 17.95%
Jonny Rotisserie 4 5.13%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Thumbs up ***VOTE- BBQ Brethren "You Know...For Kids!" Throwdown -VOTE***

It is time to decide the winner of the "You know...For Kids!" Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Saturday 7/17.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

Chef Jim

SirPorkaLot

deeny77

Gore

zydecopaws

SmokinAussie

Big Al

N8man

Shiz-Nit

BlkJeep

High Q

SmokeJumper

Jonny Rotisserie
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
deguerre

I may not have children of my own but I do have six nephews, a neice, five great neices and two great nephews so nothing says kid friendly to me better than a good ol' fashioned hot dog. Unless it's fish sticks swimming in an ocean of ketchup. Had to go with the hot dog though.
"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 07-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
Smokey Al Gold
is Blowin Smoke!

N8man's entry rocks! I love fish sticks and those crispy looking ones with ketchup bring back lots of memories

Creator of:
"The Great Chicken Sammich Debacle of 2010"
Smokey Al Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
Big George's BBQ

Had to go with N8. I remember my kids with the Fishsticks
Big George's BBQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
Chef Jim
Babbling Farker

Now that I've had a chance to see all the entries together, I can honestly say that I had a hard time deciding! You all did a great job on this one but I could only pick one.

SmokinAussie's boy looked like he was really into it. Ya just gotta love it.

A veteran is Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand it. Author unknown.

Chef Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #6
SteadySmokin
Knows what a fatty is.

Had to give it to BlkJeep, talkin about playin with food.

One of these days i gotta build up the courage to actually enter one of these throwdowns

Big Al, i gotta give you a +1 for the plate

N8man, fishsticks are awesome...
Now fishsticks on a grill w/smokey flavor= 1000x awesome

Smokejumper, if i ever get married, youre building my wedding cake

Johnny Rotisserie, that looks like one seriously delicious disaster

Congrats everyone
SteadySmokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 07-12-2010, 08:59 PM   #7
BlkJeep
is One Chatty Farker

SS- I have to admitt I saw a picture of it somewhere and just duplicated it. But WE had a blast making these. 1# burgers wrapped in bacon is just hard to beat!

BTW- Mea gave her vote to High Q! She said "that looks yummy!"
Old 07-13-2010, 12:04 AM   #8
JimGass
Knows what a fatty is.

Had to go with the fish sticks. Meant to enter by doing grilled cheese on the weber kettle, just didn't get around to it. next time...
Old 07-13-2010, 06:58 AM   #9
SmokinAussie
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Hi, I'm Frances and I voted for Jonny Rotisserie. Mainly, I voted, not for the Adult, I voted for the kids for putting up with their Father's stupidity, for accepting the fact that their father had ruined the Marshmellows. Even though he didn't COMPLETLY dissapoint his kids, I mean, what a waste of Marsmelows.And I mean, COME ON! YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN IT COMING! Also, I voted so that the poor, dissapointed kid could finally have a rice crispy square. PS. In the future, vote for Smokin'Aussie! (Actually, change my mind, don't! He's nuts! )

Last edited by SmokinAussie; 07-13-2010 at 07:24 AM..
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:12 AM   #10
Warthog
is one Smokin' Farker

It was really a tough decision. Every entry really looked great. I ended up choosing Gore. Looked really lite and tasty.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:31 AM   #11
Ron_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAussie View Post
Hi, I'm Frances and I voted for Jonny Rotisserie. Mainly, I voted, not for the Adult, I voted for the kids for putting up with their Father's stupidity, for accepting the fact that their father had ruined the Marshmellows. Even though he didn't COMPLETLY dissapoint his kids, I mean, what a waste of Marsmelows.And I mean, COME ON! YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN IT COMING! Also, I voted so that the poor, dissapointed kid could finally have a rice crispy square. PS. In the future, vote for Smokin'Aussie! (Actually, change my mind, don't! He's nuts! )
Great post, Frances! (BTW, we know that your Dad is nuts, but we all are, too, so he fits in very well! )

I'm assuming that's you in the picture above. Using a fork with ribs? COME ON! Ribs are finger food!

The Naked Fatty!

***Annual Chicago Area Brethren Picnic! Join us!!!***

Southern Q Limo Elite Gravity Fed/FEC-100/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:33 AM   #12
SmokinAussie

Why do so many people like Fishsticks? I mean, they are premade FISHSTICKS!! From the FREEZER! You don't really do much to them, do you? It would be AWESOME if people made the fishsticks themselves and then barbequued them... Sigh... I'm bored... PIE FIGHT!!
(Posted by Frances!) Smilies Rule!!
Old 07-13-2010, 07:37 AM   #13
SmokinAussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Great post, Frances! (BTW, we know that your Dad is nuts, but we all are, too, so he fits in very well! )

I'm assuming that's you in the picture above. Using a fork with ribs? COME ON! Ribs are finger food!
Well, we are teaching Paul to be more ci he'd usually use his hands with everything! MY family.--> <-- That's Paul.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:47 AM   #14
Ron_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAussie View Post
Well, we are teaching Paul to be more ci he'd usually use his hands with everything! MY family.--> <-- That's Paul.
Please apologize to Frances for the confusion. With the rib in his mouth it was hard to tell who it was (Like I would really know from seeing a couple of pictures )

The Naked Fatty!

***Annual Chicago Area Brethren Picnic! Join us!!!***

Southern Q Limo Elite Gravity Fed/FEC-100/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:52 AM   #15
SmokeJumper
is One Chatty Farker

I asked the neighbor's seven year old daughter Meagan to vote on this. I figured since I made her the ultimate grilled carmel apple funnel cake the day before she would give me a vote but she went straight for that great turtle creation by BlkJeep. So, I lost my one chance to "vote for myself" in a throwdown.