The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 07-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
Brian in Maine
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Brisket experiment Part 2

Today I cooked a 6# flat fat side down at 285* - 290* at the lid. In about 4.5 hrs it was160* internal, so I put it in a tightly sealed aluminum pan with 1 cup of beef broth, and continued to cook to 195*. At this point the instant read thermometer slid in with little resistance. I gave it another layer of rub, and put it fat side down on the smoker with all vents wide open for about 15 minutes. The temp at the lid go up to 320. The bark firmed up some, but not as much as I would have liked. The brisket is really moist, one of, if not the moistest ones I have made, and it has texture too. Next time I will try leaving it on a little longer to firm up the bark.

2 WSMs
2 OTG One red one black
22 1/2" black Bar-B-Kettle with rotisserie ring
Brinkman dual zone charcoal grill
Webber Silver Genises B
3 burner camp stove
Brian in Maine is online now   Reply With Quote