喫煙者
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 12-03-2004, 07:54 AM   #31
Bill-Chicago
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Western Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

So it doesnt fark up my sprayer.

If I dont, it sprays it and carbonates like fizz when you pour warm pop on ice.

It also creates a suction that deforms the plastic bottle and then forces leaks in the pump nozzle dealie.

The death of "willkat98"

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven
Bill-Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-03-2004, 08:30 AM   #32
spicewine
Babbling Farker

I use a 2:59-1:59-0:59 method just to be different.

SPICEWINE IRONWORKS
Award Winning Smokers, Sauces and Spices
Columbia Missouri
www.spicewineironworks.com
PERFECT, PERFECT 180 CHICKEN 2011

1ST. PLACE PORK
AMERICAN ROYAL (OPEN) 2012

PERFECT SCORE180 IN RIBS 2013

BEST SAUCE IN THE WORLD ( BLUE COLLAR )
AMERICAN ROYAL 2009

BEST RUB IN THE WORLD ( HEFFER DUST )
AMERICAN ROYAL 2007
MOFO Chapter
CISC Master BBQ Chef
spicewine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-05-2004, 01:56 AM   #33
417bullelk
Full Fledged Farker

This is going to be one of the first things I try. No matter what I put in the Bandera, a fatty is getting thrown in as well...It's hard to imagine what this is going to taste like. I have been sharing some of my plans with the guys and work and I think they are ready to see results!!!

I have some brats that I had made from my elk. Maybe I will hand roll a fatty from a few of those and give it a whirl. I will go with the 3-2-1 method to ensure it doesn't dry out. When the brats were made, the butcher added pork fat to them along with cheddar cheese and chunks of japs.
417bullelk is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-06-2004, 02:30 PM   #34
cayenne
On the road to being a farker

Yup..I'm gonna try this myself.
I did my first 'fatties' for T-day...did them for 3 hours...they were a bit overdone and dried out. I can see where it could be really great..so, will try the 2-2-1 thing next time I do them...
:-)
cayenne is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-06-2004, 02:58 PM   #35
brdbbq
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
When the brats were made, the butcher added pork fat to them along with cheddar cheese and chunks of japs.
Now I'm farking straving. Just a thought mixing maple syrup to the fatty before smoking ? Been wanting to try this.

Unread 12-06-2004, 03:01 PM   #36
racer_81
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdbbq
Quote:
When the brats were made, the butcher added pork fat to them along with cheddar cheese and chunks of japs.
Now I'm farking straving. Just a thought mixing maple syrup to the fatty before smoking ? Been wanting to try this.
Straving, eh?

Poobah Typing Mod

Unread 12-06-2004, 04:46 PM   #37
kcquer
Lives in Spirit

Quote:
2-2-1 thing next time I do them...
Done the 3-2-1 mod and it is good, but usually I throw on fatties first thing when I start an early morning cook, when the therm says 160 I start the biscuits. Works well to turn them over after an hour or 90 mins (thanks Greg).
kcquer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-07-2004, 10:39 AM   #38
Bigdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayenne
Yup..I'm gonna try this myself.
I did my first 'fatties' for T-day...did them for 3 hours...they were a bit overdone and dried out. I can see where it could be really great..so, will try the 2-2-1 thing next time I do them...
:-)
What kind of fatty did you use? What were your temps? A fatty should not dry out in 3 hrs. unless it is in a hot spot. I always put mine up high in a cool spot. They make great basters.
Pitman for All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-07-2004, 12:11 PM   #39
cayenne

Default I used...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigdogSmoker

What kind of fatty did you use? What were your temps? A fatty should not dry out in 3 hrs. unless it is in a hot spot. I always put mine up high in a cool spot. They make great basters.
I threw on a couple of Jimmy Dean ones I beleive...one hot, the other maple flavored.
I can't remember if they were on the bottom or 2nd from bottom rack in the bandera...but, were on the side fartherest from the fire entrance....

My temps never got much above 200F the whole time..in fact, they were lower than that for a good bit.....didn't have any extra probe thermometers at the time...but, went for 3 hours...brought in...and they were like dry little logs...

:-(
cayenne is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-09-2005, 10:32 AM   #40
Elkhound

Default Fatty Heaven

I am new to the forum but after reading these posts, I decided to put a couple of Owens (regular) fatties in the smoker with my Pork Butts. Gotta say its the best breakfast sausage I've ever had !!

thanks
Elkhound is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-09-2005, 10:42 AM   #41
jt
Babbling Farker

Glad you liked it Elkhound. Please head over to Cattle Call and introduce yourself!

Spicewine, 2 Dutch Ovens, Weber OTP, 18 " Weber Kettle, White Mountain Ice Cream Freezer, Whirly Pop, Cast Iron Hot Dog cooker, and a 10 year old. Moink.

RIP - my NB Bandera

"Sweet Blue to all" - E

jt is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-09-2005, 09:27 PM   #42
frognot
Babbling Farker

Good idea on the fatties. Gonna try that later this week.
frognot is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-09-2005, 10:27 PM   #43
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 4

Another thing to try. I mixed a 12 ouce fattie in with lb of ground beef then formed into burgers. One batch sage, one batch original..... Then cooked them in the hot spot next to the firebox opening. Awesome burgers!

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-10-2005, 01:44 PM   #44
Bigdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33
Another thing to try. I mixed a 12 ouce fattie in with lb of ground beef then formed into burgers. One batch sage, one batch original..... Then cooked them in the hot spot next to the firebox opening. Awesome burgers!
Hmmm...a fatty burger. Sounds interesting...very interesting.
Pitman for All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-10-2005, 02:36 PM   #45
brdbbq
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33
I posted A Jimmy Dean fatty burger some time ago but I be damned if I know where. It had powdered mustard Onion, Worchestire sauce. Good Chit. Relist tonight if there is interest.
brdbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->