The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 05-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #1
smokinajs
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default BBQ GURU, Procom 4, "PIT HOLD" New Feature

Hey guys, last week, I had to send in my Procomm4 setup so that folks at the GURU could replace the keypad inside the pendant. Why they had it, they upgraded the firmware to 1.8. I think I had version 1.3 on it before. Anyway, as I scroll through some of the settings, I found a new one called "Pit Hold" and did not know what this does. I know it always had the Ramp feature before but was not sure what this PIT hold feature does and wanted to see if anyone out there has use this new feature on their P4. Let me know what it does. Seems like to me that I read some where that they added the feature of Open Lid detect on the P4 and I thought I would find it listed like that.

Unread 05-26-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
jazzspot
On the road to being a farker

Not sure if you've already seen the answer on the BBQ Guru forum, but I see your same question there as well. Have you tried contacting the BBQ Guru folks?

Here is what Drunk_J posted on the BBQ Guru forum regardin the new features included in the firmware update.

Here are a list of features you get with the update:

Open Lid Detect

Hold feature- allows you to set a hold temp after the timer runs out

Placement of serial# is more secure so base station and hendheld will not lose communication

To me, the 'Pit Hold' is possibly the 'Hold feature'.
Exceptionally Accurate and Fast Red Thermapen
[/FONT]
jazzspot is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-27-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
smokinajs
Knows what a fatty is.

This morning, I made a call the the BBQ GURU. Sarah answered the phone. I asked about the 2 features

Open Lid Detect. It is built in automatically within the firmware. So it should stop the fan once it detects a lost of heat from the door being open on the cooker

Pit Hold: If you use the timer feature, and set the pit hold temp to like 200, when the timer expires to Zero, the controller will then stop the fan and allow the cooker to drop down to 200 and hold the pit temp there.

I can't wait to try out the new updated firmware version this weekend.

Unread 05-27-2009, 12:21 PM   #4
jazzspot
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinajs View Post
This morning, I made a call the the BBQ GURU. Sarah answered the phone. I asked about the 2 features

Open Lid Detect. It is built in automatically within the firmware. So it should stop the fan once it detects a lost of heat from the door being open on the cooker

Pit Hold: If you use the timer feature, and set the pit hold temp to like 200, when the timer expires to Zero, the controller will then stop the fan and allow the cooker to drop down to 200 and hold the pit temp there.

I can't wait to try out the new updated firmware version this weekend.
Any idea what the minimum Pit Hold temp can be set/programmed and for how long?
Thanks!!
Exceptionally Accurate and Fast Red Thermapen
[/FONT]
jazzspot is offline   Reply With Quote