The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 07-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
fat_bastard
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Who else s staying up tonight? (with pron)

So we've got friends coming over tomorrow and just put 2 boneless shoulders from costco on the UDS. After they are done in the morning I'm making some ribs. These are the shoulders just before putting them on the UDS. Who else is spending tonight manning the smoker?

Unread 07-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 4

i'll be up brisket is going in at 1-2am.. family just inhaled a load of MOINK balls that i thought was going to be all night snacks.. so be making a few of them too..

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
Kevin
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Butt just went into the pit. I'll be tending fire too.

Unread 07-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

I'll be stayin' up late, but have the Guru on the Egg with a couple bone in butts happenin'!

Been putzin' around all afternoon bustin' lump, cleanin' grates and gettin' the cookers ready for a Sunday morning cook (chicken thighs on the drum and lion backs on the Cajun Bandit) Probably going to a local parade and have linner at the outlaws place.
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #5
ImpliedConsent
Found some matches.

It's only 1045PM, just cracked open a Mike's Hard. 170degrees... maybe 2AM.
ImpliedConsent is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #6
Smokin' D
is One Chatty Farker

A 13 pound packer will be going in the drum around Midnight and hopefully sleep will be my companion till morning. Then most of a whole bone-in pork loin will be spinning in the mini pig pit. Friends and neighbors, and a couple family members, will be joining in the feast. Happy 4th to you all!
Smokin' D is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #7
Kevin
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Needed some pulled pork for my beans tomorrow and found none in the freezer so I tossed this little 4 pound boneless butt on this morning. Just pulled it off. Now I've got snacks for tonight and pulled pork for the beans tomorrow. Life is good.

Unread 07-04-2010, 04:39 AM   #8
Burk
Got Wood.

Not an all-nighter, but I've been up since 3:30 getting a butt on the drum. Woke up to rain hope it clears for the festivities. Happy 4th everyone.

Unread 07-04-2010, 04:42 AM   #9
mmmmeat
is One Chatty Farker

all nighter here it's 242 here now... man im tired!!! i sure hope this doesnt suck!!!
GROGG
MY BLOG

Facebookin it!
Avatar created by i really wish i remember, but they got skillZ
mmmmeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-04-2010, 06:12 AM   #10
fat_bastard

10 hours in and one shoulder is at ~170 ant the other is still below 160 is that normal?

Unread 07-04-2010, 06:18 AM   #11
mmmmeat
is One Chatty Farker

im at 9 hours same sitch... yeah each hunkomeat is different this slow cookin is an art and i am realizing why. it's no science...not exact every time!
GROGG
MY BLOG

Facebookin it!
Avatar created by i really wish i remember, but they got skillZ
mmmmeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-04-2010, 06:56 AM   #12
NRA4Life
is One Chatty Farker

I put 16 pork shoulders on last night at midnight (would have been earlier, but my wife wanted to watch fireworks), so I was up all night. Got about 20 rib tips going on in about a half hour.
Superior SS-3 - Courtesy of Gainesville Jaycees and Superior Smokers
2 Custom Built Reverse Flow Stickburners
Weber 22.5" WSM
Weber 26.75" OTG
Weber Blue 2000 Stainless Performer
NRA4Life is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-04-2010, 06:59 AM   #13
Slamdunkpro
is Blowin Smoke!

I've got 5 briskets and a corned beef in since midnight and I just put 12 racks of ribs on.

Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-04-2010, 08:05 AM   #14
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 4

i put the brisket in the BYC at 1AM with a hot and loaded firebox. Started at 250 and went to sleep at 2.. slept thru the 2 hour alarm and woke up at 6.. pit temp was 215 and the logs were still burning.. Gotta love those 1/2 inch fireboxes. :). gonna start wrapping everything thats stands still in bacon now.. chicken tenders, and moink balls.

now before someone goes nut because i did not capitalize...Im tryin a differennt moink... I am making them out of filet mignon.. Cubed up a whole filet, gonna hit it with some salt, pepper garlic, cayenne... I'm par cooking the bacon and then wrapping the cubes and cooking hot and fast at 350 or better in the Egg. Its still moink, just not MOINK. :)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-04-2010, 08:33 AM   #15
fat_bastard

Well, the first shoulder just came out of the UDS at just above 200. Took a bit over 12 hours. The other is still in the 170 range.