The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 06-28-2010, 01:47 PM   #31
slowerlowerbbq
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Nice clean setup, JD. Are those road cases for your WSM's? Very Nice

From our first comp this year (and 3rd overall) to our second comp, I was able to eliminate about 30% of the crap we brought. It also took us 1/2 the time to pack! I made a checklist eerily similar to yours Greg and I'm still refining it and eliminating more stuff. The checklist is a must to make sure you dont forget the essentials and I really like how you organized by storage location (which I did as well), made packing the van a breeze last time out. Best of luck!
KCBS
MABA
slowerlowerbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #32
JD McGee
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallardmark View Post

From our first comp this year (and 3rd overall) to our second comp, I was able to eliminate about 30% of the crap we brought. It also took us 1/2 the time to pack! I made a checklist eerily similar to yours Greg and I'm still refining it and eliminating more stuff. The checklist is a must to make sure you dont forget the essentials and I really like how you organized by storage location (which I did as well), made packing the van a breeze last time out. Best of luck!
Thanks man...we're still trying to get leaner...those case were made by swamprb over the winter...makes for easy loading and storage.
Northwest BBQ Society
We cook on MAK Grills , Big Poppa Drum Smokers, & WSM's
Proudly sponsored by Big Poppa Smokers, Kosmo's Q, Simply Marvelous BBQ, and MAK Grills
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-29-2010, 12:23 AM   #33
Greg60525
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD McGee View Post
Here's our set up...

2 pop up's...
1 prep table...
1 sauce table...
1 wash station...
2 coolers...
3 bullets...
1 cajun bandit...
JD, very nice, organized and clean.............my goal! I think that second tent will be key. I already got some ideas. I may just pitch the tent in the backyard and try out some ideas. I need to be more streamlined.......I need to fit everything into a Ford Freestyle..............cash for clunkers pryed my beloved, but well beat Ford F-150 out of my clutches.........I still miss it! My brother brought some stuff, but I need to be self sufficient just in case he can't make an event.

One other thing that I notice from many teams, including yours is the use of PVC pipe to extend the table legs. I keep forgetting that detail........it would really be a back saver! Next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallardmark View Post

Thanks!

Marking the storage locations is key to a quick inventory. I even took pictures showing how I loaded the smoker with stuff. It's amazing how much stuff is on that list. We have a lot of family that shows up at the events, so we need to bring extra stuff like plates, cups, forks, buns, extra pop and lots of lawn chairs. There's probably an extra storage box just for this stuff...........but it's worth it.

Thanks,

Unread 06-29-2010, 11:05 AM   #34
Spydermike72
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg60525 View Post
Just so you know what I bring please see attached competition checklist........there are 2 files (one in notepad and one in Excel). I didn't show food items, only equipment. Some of the items are only used when it's cold out.

Thanks,
That is a lot of stuff... I dont think we could fit all of that in Bubba's trailer and my truck
Backwoods Competitor
Backwoods Party
Ranch Kettle,Weber Performerl
Certified Moink Baller
President of the Great Lakes BBQ Association

For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know
Spydermike72 is offline   Reply With Quote