The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 06-22-2010, 10:59 PM   #1
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Independence, Kansas (June 25-26)

Has anyone here signed up for this contest? I checked with the organizer and got the info packet and entry form and was told there was room for us. Then when I asked for a team list or at least how many teams she had, the organizer kinda disappeared. I left voice mails and an email and none were returned. Just curious if anyone here is in and knows the status. We'd like to go but not if there aren't at least 25 teams.
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-22-2010, 11:54 PM   #2
Plowboy

I thought you were out for this weekend.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-23-2010, 12:33 AM   #3
Jeff_in_KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
I thought you were out for this weekend.
Originally, I was slated to travel to Wisconsin this week for a class for Wells Fargo. There were not enough people signed up so they canceled it. I go next month to Minneapolis instead. I was looking forward to the weekend off until I got to looking around at what was going on out there and decided I'd cook to get my tenth contest in. Marshalltown was full so I'm looking elsewhere. I just don't do well in central Missouri ever so I'm passing on Eldon.
KCBS Member #14287

Unread 06-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #4
Jeff_in_KC

This one is at 25 teams... looks like we're headed there.
KCBS Member #14287