ブタ
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 06-20-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
Jeff Selle
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Smokin the Coeur d'Alene's

I have to be the first to congratulate "Smokin Hot Grillfriends," who won Grand Champion at "Smokin' the Coeur d'Alenes" and it was that team's first event! BBQ Brethren: "dgassaway" is the Head cook I believe

Great job man!!!
*1993 & 1998 Weber Performers
*Grill Dome Kamado smoker 18-inch
*El Cheapo offset smoker (CharBroil)
*4X8-foot trailered Santa Maria Grill
*Coveting a Weber Ranch Kettle
*Yellow splash-proof Thermapen
*Member of PNWBA/KCBS/West Slope BBQ Association

Last edited by Jeff Selle; 06-21-2010 at 12:18 AM..
Jeff Selle is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 06-21-2010, 02:49 AM   #2
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Congratulations David!

The Brethren mojo was workin' this weekend!
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-21-2010, 07:51 AM   #3
pat
is Blowin Smoke!

Congratulations on the win!

Have you tried Simply Marvelous Rubs yet??

Backwoods Party
Ole Hickory CTO
Large Big Green Egg
WSM X 2
Weber Performer
pat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-21-2010, 09:25 AM   #4
Baja Pete
Got rid of the matchlight.

Way to go David.

I will go through my pictures and forward any I have of your team.

Pete
Baja Pete is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-21-2010, 06:55 PM   #5
dgassaway
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks guys, what a weekend! I am still in shock, we did some things right and several things wrong or not as good as it should have been. Never expected the judges to like it as well as they did.

I have to say Greg and I had a great time. We met some really good friends and had a great time through the rain, wind and lightning Saturday night.

I hope we can all get together and do this again soon, like in Whitefish next month. Win or not, we really enjoy hanging out with you guys!

p.s. Good luck with the new job Pete!
1 Weber 22.5 with Rib-O-Lator & [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Navy][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Orange[/B][/COLOR] Thermopen[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]
____________[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=2][COLOR=midnightblue][FONT=Verdana]

PNWBA Board Member | CBJ #200356[/FONT]
Smokin' HOT Grillfriends | Wellseasoned & The CanadaQ Crew BBQ Team
Event Organizer: Big Red Barn Burner | Cloverdale Cowboy Cook-off | BBQ on the By Pass[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
dgassaway is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-21-2010, 07:28 PM   #6
GreenDrake
is one Smokin' Farker

I am sure there is a ton of super secrecy in bbq competitions, however if you guys have the time if we make it to Whitefish, we'd love to buy you a beer at the Great Northern and BS about how you do things. We seriously thought we outdid ourselves on the brisket ribs and butt, however on butt we had no sauce, because the flavor was so perfect, we just did our rub, an early wrap and kept a lot of its own love in there. Next time we are thinking of a vaunted vinegar sauce. Or do judges around here look for bbq sauce?

Anyway, congrats again. I was whooped last night, not because I was up late cooking but because I was up late doing other things that made my liver hate me on Sunday. Thank goodness Dave made us all breakfast.
GreenDrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-21-2010, 09:33 PM   #7
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

I'll take you up on a drink at the Great Northern! Many good time we had in my skiing days in Whitefish! Wife worked for Amtrak, me for Burlington Northern and we took the ski train to Big Mountain for years!
Always loved the sign in the joint-liquor in the front-poker in the rear.
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-22-2010, 12:43 AM   #8
dgassaway
Full Fledged Farker

Hey guys, I'm all over a beer at Great Northern!

As far as secrecy goes, I'll be glad to share what little knowledge I have. I learned what I know, and am still learning from friends here on the forum and from the PNWBA classes who were nice enough to help out.

Great Northern. Next month. Whitefish. See you then.
1 Weber 22.5 with Rib-O-Lator & [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Navy][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Orange[/B][/COLOR] Thermopen[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]
____________[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=2][COLOR=midnightblue][FONT=Verdana]

Event Organizer: Big Red Barn Burner | Cloverdale Cowboy Cook-off | BBQ on the By Pass[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Unread 06-22-2010, 10:48 AM   #9
Rib-O-Lator
Full Fledged Farker

i dave, ryan and i had a great time cooking next to you in idaho. congrats to greg and you on the win.
2. 22.5 kettles
a torch and weed burner in case the others fail, or i just want to burn somthin.
and a few Rib-O-lators (ROL)
Buford UDS kettle diffuser

B-O-B 206-999-0962 info@ribolator.com
http://www.ribolator.com
Rib-O-Lator is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #10
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 4

Ya'll shoulda seen the deer in the headlights look on Davids face when they announced it! I had to tell him 3 times to get up there before either of them would move!

Big congrats to David & Greg! Well Done! I look forward to shiggin a few secrets from you for a change!

Definately on for a beer at the 'northern!! It'll only be about 2 blocks from the comp in downtown wfsh!

We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this. ~Butz

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-22-2010, 12:06 PM   #11
dgassaway
Full Fledged Farker

What do you mean deer in headlights look? I had to drive home like that!

We had a great time and are looking forward to cooking with you in Whitefish (Bob your coming right?). Looking forward to having a few cold ones at the Great Northern with everyone as well.

Oh..Ryan, don't forget I have a couple of bags of charcoal we hauled back for you. Call me this week and I'll get them and the large bottle of liquid smoke you left in CDA to you.

Unread 06-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #12
Jeff Selle
Full Fledged Farker

Dang, you guys are making whitefish sound tempting... I wish I could clone myself to cook there and Boise at the same time!
*1993 & 1998 Weber Performers
*Grill Dome Kamado smoker 18-inch
*El Cheapo offset smoker (CharBroil)
*4X8-foot trailered Santa Maria Grill
*Coveting a Weber Ranch Kettle
*Yellow splash-proof Thermapen
*Member of PNWBA/KCBS/West Slope BBQ Association
Jeff Selle is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #13
dgassaway
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Selle View Post
Dang, you guys are making whitefish sound tempting... I wish I could clone myself to cook there and Boise at the same time!
We'll miss you in Whitefish but you do Boise, that is an opportunity you can't pass up. Maybe we can cook together in Stevensville?

Unread 06-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #14
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgassaway View Post
Oh..Ryan, don't forget I have a couple of bags of charcoal we hauled back for you. Call me this week and I'll get them and the large bottle of liquid smoke you left in CDA to you.
Did you leave me any LS?? I'm gonna need my muffin pan you borrowed back too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Selle View Post
Forget about us!! Go cook with Harry!

We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this. ~Butz

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote