The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 06-12-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
Harbormaster
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Poor Que - Montello, WI

Grand Champion: QU Smokin Krewe
Reserve Champion: Stock Car BBQ

Overall:
1 QU Smokin Krewe
2 Stock Car BBQ
3 Bringin The Heat
4 KRE Smokers
5 Smokin Mike's BBQ
6 Two Fat Bikers
7 In Da Smoke BBQ
8 Burnita BBQ Boys
9 Burnt Food Dude
10 It's The Pits
11 Team Scrib-BQ
12 Sotally Tober BBQ
13 Chefs Gone Grillin
14 Dewy's Burnt Offerings
15 Nothing Knew BBQ
16 Burbon Smokers
17 Smokin Weiners
18 U" Bacon Me Crazy"
19 Bun Stuffers
20 Creosote Calamity
21 Captain Pat's
22 Chix N Stix
23 Roxbury Smokers

Chicken:
1 QU Smokin Krewe
2 Smokin Mike's BBQ
3 Stock Car BBQ
4 Two Fat Bikers
5 Dewy's Burnt Offerings
6 It's The Pits
7 KRE Smokers
8 Bringin The Heat
9 In Da Smoke BBQ
10 Sotally Tober BBQ
11 U" Bacon Me Crazy"
12 Smokin Weiners
13 Burbon Smokers
14 Team Scrib-BQ
15 Chefs Gone Grillin
16 Chix N Stix
17 Nothing Knew BBQ
18 Burnt Food Dude
19 Captain Pat's
20 Creosote Calamity
21 Burnita BBQ Boys
22 Bun Stuffers
23 Roxbury Smokers

Ribs:
1 Bringin The Heat
2 Stock Car BBQ
3 KRE Smokers
4 QU Smokin Krewe
5 Burnt Food Dude
6 U" Bacon Me Crazy"
7 In Da Smoke BBQ
8 Sotally Tober BBQ
9 Burnita BBQ Boys
10 Two Fat Bikers
11 It's The Pits
12 Smokin Mike's BBQ
13 Chefs Gone Grillin
14 Nothing Knew BBQ
15 Dewy's Burnt Offerings
16 Team Scrib-BQ
17 Roxbury Smokers
18 Burbon Smokers
19 Captain Pat's
20 Smokin Weiners
21 Bun Stuffers
22 Creosote Calamity
23 Chix N Stix

Pork:
1 Two Fat Bikers
2 Burbon Smokers
3 It's The Pits
4 In Da Smoke BBQ
5 QU Smokin Krewe
6 Team Scrib-BQ
7 KRE Smokers
8 Captain Pat's
9 Smokin Mike's BBQ
10 Chefs Gone Grillin
11 Sotally Tober BBQ
12 Bun Stuffers
13 Stock Car BBQ
14 Burnt Food Dude
15 Creosote Calamity
16 Burnita BBQ Boys
17 Dewy's Burnt Offerings
18 Nothing Knew BBQ
19 Bringin The Heat
20 Roxbury Smokers
21 Smokin Weiners
22 Chix N Stix
23 U" Bacon Me Crazy"

Brisket:
1 Bringin The Heat
2 Burnita BBQ Boys
3 QU Smokin Krewe
4 Stock Car BBQ
5 Burnt Food Dude
6 Team Scrib-BQ
7 KRE Smokers
8 Smokin Mike's BBQ
9 In Da Smoke BBQ
10 Bun Stuffers
11 Smokin Weiners
12 Chix N Stix
13 Nothing Knew BBQ
14 Two Fat Bikers
15 It's The Pits
16 Chefs Gone Grillin
17 Creosote Calamity
18 Sotally Tober BBQ
19 Dewy's Burnt Offerings
20 Burbon Smokers
21 Roxbury Smokers
22 U" Bacon Me Crazy"
23 Captain Pat's

Way to go everyone!
Dive, you're almost there.
Nice rebound Coz!
My Toys: 10 WSMs (B, C, DH, DA, EZ, DZ, EO, DU, DR, EE/DU mutt); Brinkman Cimmaron; Chuckwagon Cooker; 4 22.5" Bar-B-Q-Kettles; 2 18.5" Bar-B-Q-Kettle; 1 Red OTS (H); 3 WGAs (EZ, DE, N); 3 SJPs (DT, DR, DR); 2 Smokey Joes (A, K); Genesis Silver C (DU).
"For when democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote"

Last edited by Harbormaster; 06-12-2010 at 09:00 PM..
Harbormaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-12-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
Peteg
Full Fledged Farker

Nice job guys. I'm sure it was a fun weekend! Nice to see Bringin the Heat back in the saddle. Dive, you're really owning our contests up here! Hopefully the weather wasn't too bad.
22" Weber
Peteg is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
Coz
is One Chatty Farker

Big congrats to Mike and the Q U Krewe ! Dive as well. The weather held up for the day. It was overcast and that was a good thing.If the sun had come out it would have been nasty.
Stumps Clone " CHRISTINE " ONE Evil Biotch and another in process

BRINGIN' THE HEAT BBQ Team
just Cloning around
Coz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-13-2010, 09:05 PM   #4
Coz
is One Chatty Farker

There was also a little ceremony after the cooks meeting for a couple recently retired friends.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0418 (Small).jpg (44.4 KB, 91 views)

just Cloning around

Unread 06-14-2010, 08:40 AM   #5
michiana mark
is one Smokin' Farker

Congrats Dive and all the other brethren

Weber Silver 22.5X2, UDSx2
KCBS-CBJ #16571, Member GLBBQA
Roadmaster BBQ comp team
Proud member of the Blue Thermapen Association
Certified MOINKballer Class of 2008
michiana mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-14-2010, 09:21 AM   #6
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Thanks gang, it was a great comp! Congrats to Mike, Animal, and the rest of the Krewe as well as all the others that walked.

I’ll tell you, Anita did her self proud this weekend! The sites were great and the venue couldn’t have been better. What a fantastic way to introduce our ‘sport’ to a new group of competitors! I don’t know if she planned it or it just worked out, but it seemed like each ‘Rookie Team’ was placed near an experience one and I couldn’t have been more proud of my fellow teams the way they jumped in to help the new guys out.

A special thank you should go out to Kathy (Chix ‘n Stix (our own rouge member)) for putting together a box preparation class. I think she may have had over 20 people whose eye’s got larger with every thing she said. They had great questions and I know a couple of them had their first walks! Thank you Mike Lake also for sticking around. While the class was not sanctioned by KCBS, he was there and gave answers to a couple of questions from a Rep’s point of view. I do know that there were even a couple of experienced teams checking out some new options…

I’ll tell you, it was strange not having Kathy in our site, though I think she appreciates the hotel more after sleeping next to the BGE. While she didn’t get the GC, we are very proud of her!

Clark, I'm sorry you couldn't make it to the comp, it would have been great to see you again, especially since I know know where the heck Wyocena is! LOL

I know that this competition has had more than it’s fair share of controversy. There was no real money, we were paid out in crisp new singles (I think mine were still a little wet) and the ribbons were hand made, but the lack of money allowed me to remember why I got involved with this crazy hobby; Friends, both old and new, that’s what made it all worth while.

Thank you Anita, you done did good! I truly hope you have it again next year because you know that Stockcar BBQ (and maybe even Chix ‘n Stix) is going to be there!
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #7
Stoke&Smoke
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 1

Congrats Dive, and all the others who walked!
KCBS CJ/TC #17139 Member ILBBQS
Too many cookers to list
Stoke&Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-14-2010, 12:28 PM   #8
Boss Hog Wild
Knows what a fatty is.

Being part of one of those "First Time Teams" I would like to thank all of "seasoned" competitors who gave us a hand, and tips, and a voice of support. It was great to see so many friends... both old and new. Looking forward to seeing a lot of you up in Kingsford in a month. I'll be wearing a different hat at that point however... And less I forget... Anita missed out on part of our name... it's "Sweet Bourbon Smokers"... How could she forget the "sweet" part.

bosshogwild@hotmail.com
www.uphogwild.com
Iron Mountain, MI

We're only allowed to do this as long as we have fun!
Boss Hog Wild is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #9
chambersuac
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster View Post
Thanks gang, it was a great comp! Congrats to Mike, Animal, and the rest of the Krewe as well as all the others that walked.

I’ll tell you, Anita did her self proud this weekend! The sites were great and the venue couldn’t have been better. What a fantastic way to introduce our ‘sport’ to a new group of competitors! I don’t know if she planned it or it just worked out, but it seemed like each ‘Rookie Team’ was placed near an experience one and I couldn’t have been more proud of my fellow teams the way they jumped in to help the new guys out.

A special thank you should go out to Kathy (Chix ‘n Stix (our own rouge member)) for putting together a box preparation class. I think she may have had over 20 people whose eye’s got larger with every thing she said. They had great questions and I know a couple of them had their first walks! Thank you Mike Lake also for sticking around. While the class was not sanctioned by KCBS, he was there and gave answers to a couple of questions from a Rep’s point of view. I do know that there were even a couple of experienced teams checking out some new options…

I’ll tell you, it was strange not having Kathy in our site, though I think she appreciates the hotel more after sleeping next to the BGE. While she didn’t get the GC, we are very proud of her!

Clark, I'm sorry you couldn't make it to the comp, it would have been great to see you again, especially since I know know where the heck Wyocena is! LOL

I know that this competition has had more than it’s fair share of controversy. There was no real money, we were paid out in crisp new singles (I think mine were still a little wet) and the ribbons were hand made, but the lack of money allowed me to remember why I got involved with this crazy hobby; Friends, both old and new, that’s what made it all worth while.

Thank you Anita, you done did good! I truly hope you have it again next year because you know that Stockcar BBQ (and maybe even Chix ‘n Stix) is going to be there!
Jeff, GREAT JOB! But, you know, if Kathy or I would have been there with your team, you would have made G.C. :) LOL. I wish I could have been there. Tell Kathy I said congrats, too.

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #10
PimpSmoke
is one Smokin' Farker

Nice show guys!
I heard the rip when you sat down.
PimpSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-15-2010, 06:51 AM   #11
Ramona
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Posted on Roll call but worth posting again

There was a sign in the building that no animals were allowed which kept "someone" from making any of his walks into the building. (Anita was accomodating and went to the door to present his ribbons) BUT when you GC, all rules go out the window.....congrats to the Krewe.
Ramona is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-15-2010, 07:04 AM   #12
Ramona
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Thank you for the kind words. I think being a BBQ "Roadie" is my niche so I'll look forward to the hotel room on Friday nights and Starbucks in the morning. ALTHOUGH, I will do this comp every year Anita keeps it "pure".

Let's not forget the amenities.....electric and water (on demand). Flush toilets and showers within yards, hand scooped ice cream, hot dogs, fried cheese curds next to us, video arcade, swimming hole (with floating rafts), fishing, mini golf, foot pedal go carts and the great outdoors. This venue had so much for everyone, it was nice seeing families being together. The kids would disappear for hours, fishing, swimming and just being kids. Remember those days??? And we were able to meet, sit, talk and share BBQ stories...BBQ at it's best!!!!!
Ramona is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-15-2010, 07:39 AM   #13
2Fat
is one Smokin' Farker

it was a great contest for sure!! Nice seeing old friends win and meeting new friends!

The cake/ice cream was nice surprise--thanks my friend!

Granddaughter had a blast running free for a couple days exploring everything---even filleting bluegills for a late nite snacks
Its a do over for sure!!
KCBS #9269 and #4605
Blazen Gridiron
BWS Competitor--sold
BWS Pro Jr--sold
BWS party(all SS)
BDS--on loan
BGE
2Fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-15-2010, 04:26 PM   #14
Coz
is One Chatty Farker

I was just at the campground working on some details for the benefit this weekend and Melanie was pretty darn happy with the weekend from the campground owners point of view.Other then one team dumping some grease in the campsite which may have been an accident there was no issues from their end.They were very happy with the interaction from the cooks with the campers ,she said they had many of the campers bring it up how the cooks would visit and share the details of the hobby.

just Cloning around

Unread 06-25-2010, 07:51 PM   #15
tennispro
Knows what a fatty is.

Great job everyone,
I wish I could have made it up for this one. But it just happend to fall on the only week that we could all get together for a family vacation with the inlaws. My wife won the fight on what we were doing