And in the Lone Star corner, weighing in at 190lbs.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TXpitdog

TXpitdog... POOPIE, fellas, just call me Frank.

from Magnolia, TX

Although I try to keep an open mind about all things BBQ, I just can't get into the Carolina style pulled pork. Actually, its that weird sauce. I'll take mine dry thanks....with extra pickles. What I can relate to with those Carolina boys is HOG HUNITIN'!!!!!

Fellas, deer hunting is a national past-time, I love it. I'm addicted to it. BUT there is no better hunt than a stalk hunt in river-bottom country with a .44mag handgun, .44mag rifle, or 45-70 MARLIN! The sound of quail flushin up will startle ya, but nothin' supercharges the heart like a 200+ hog jumpin' up 10 feet in front of ya. Lemme tell ya sumthin' else, BBQing a hog that I hunted and killed is just the final icing on the cake. T-A-S-T-Y!

Unfortunately, I won't be joining most of you fellers this weekend in doin' the Q. I have sort of have this affection for explosives and pyrotecnics. Doin' the 4th of July pyro show for Sam Houston Raceway tomorry evenin'. hmmm....BBQ or blow $20,000 in pyro into the sky? Tough decision, but I'm goin' with blowing some POOPIE up. Wish I could bring the R2 Unit out to cook some burgers, but for some wierd reason the Fire Marshal won't allow an open flame near explosives.. Go figure...

Nice meetin' y'all and I look forward to bombarding you with Q'in questions.

Frank- I already said it, but WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!!!
Although I try to keep an open mind about all things BBQ, I just can't get into the Carolina style pulled pork. Actually, its that weird sauce
Pulled Pork (normally Boston Butt) is not bound to any sauce. I don't use any sauce on my pulled pork (OK, a smidgen on the side for those who want it). I just spray/mop during the cook with an Apple Juice/Southern Comfort mix.
It disappears quickly--no sauce needed unless ya have a favorite.

You will find every style and variation here that you can imagine. And, guess what--we are all right :D

Ask the questions- answer those you want to- hang out- Enjoy some of the greatest guys/gals around.

BBQ or blow $20,000 in pyro into the sky?
Not even an option here--family gone till tonight and just doin yardwork! I should have those decisions to make! Blow stuff up and have fun :D
TIM

Frank, Welcome Brother. Pop a top (after the pyro-show) and join us for some Q.

Mark,

The only way we have found to consistently eliminate the greasy and very gamey taste of javelina is to not eat it. hehe, not trying to be a smart ass but I have yet to find someone that finds javelina delectable.

Always good to have another Texan on board....

Blow somepin' up for me as well!

JacksonsDad said:
Always good to have another Texan on board....
Man, ya Texans are killing us.
I keep trying to get Fl guys to come on-board, but they are all buzy practicing how to vote :evil:
TIM

Howdy!

Please return to the forum with the same number of digits and appendages! :D

Tim,

At least FLA has more then one person. I have to say "I'm in the lone star state" Virginia one and counting.
Also Welcome Frank. I love to blow POOPIE up, I just love Q more.

Fellas, deer hunting is a national past-time, I love it. I'm addicted to it. BUT there is no better hunt than a stalk hunt in river-bottom country with a .44mag handgun, .44mag rifle, or 45-70 MARLIN! The sound of quail flushin up will startle ya, but nothin' supercharges the heart like a 200+ hog jumpin' up 10 feet in front of ya. Lemme tell ya

Welcome to the group, we need to have a chit chat bout this hog hunting. Screw the 44 Mag, I prefer a bow. Primitive Mod

brdbbq said:
Fellas, deer hunting is a national past-time, I love it. I'm addicted to it. BUT there is no better hunt than a stalk hunt in river-bottom country with a .44mag handgun, .44mag rifle, or 45-70 MARLIN! The sound of quail flushin up will startle ya, but nothin' supercharges the heart like a 200+ hog jumpin' up 10 feet in front of ya. Lemme tell ya

Welcome to the group, we need to have a chit chat bout this hog hunting. Screw the 44 Mag, I prefer a bow. Primitive Mod

Welcome Frank. This group should be able to handle all your Q questions. I Can't wait for deer season either, about ready to start practicing up on my bow.

brdbbq said:

Welcome Frank. This group should be able to handle all your Q questions. I Can't wait for deer season either, about ready to start practicing up on my bow.

Trout_man22 said:
Tim,

At least FLA has more then one person. I have to say "I'm in the lone star state" Virginia one and counting.
My heart goes out to you--lonely feeling :cry:
TIM

Hey Frank - welcome aboard. 190#' Texan though. Seems like a runt but that's twice the size of BRDbbq. :mrgreen:

tommykendall said:
Hey Frank - welcome aboard. 190#' Texan though. Seems like a runt but that's twice the size of BRDbbq. :mrgreen:

OOOOOOOO, good slam.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome...For the 4th, I plan to "blow my mind"....Wait, this is the 7th er, 6th? Musta have been a great show? :?

parrothead said:
tommykendall said:

OOOOOOOO, good slam.

Welcome aboard!

What I lack in size I more than make up in personality. :roll:

Hey Frank! My name's Hank and I'm in H-Town, Brother! I usually do pulled pork, but I have a buncha different sauces to suit all tastes--some Stubb's spicy sauce, some Dejardine's Texas Mesquite sauce, some Kraft or KC Masterpiece for those who like mass-produced stuff, some Buffalo Wild Wings caribbean jerk sauce (IT'S GREAT WITH PULLED PORK OR ON RIBS!!!), and some sauce I make from a mixture of 50% juice from a dill pickle jar and 50% French's yellow mustard. We did a 12-lb pork butt as pulled pork on the 4th and ended up running out of bread from everybody pigging out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back