The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 05-29-2010, 10:15 AM   #1
JD McGee
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default McKinley Springs Winery BBQ Showdown, Prosser, WA 6/11-6/12

McKinley Springs Winery BBQ Showdown

Prosser, WA
June 11 & 12
Third year for this event and it's getting better every year. Don't you want to drink wine while you are cooking! Public sampling is encouraged. Come join us! ***New Payout Schedule***
Registration Form

I'll be cooking this one as SouthPaw BBQ with my wife Rhana...this will be our first event together...

The swamprb will be busy this weekend with his daughter and son's graduations from high school and college...

BTW...did I mention that the winery pours free wine for the competitors...there's something about that that appealed to my wife...
Northwest BBQ Society
We cook on MAK Grills , Big Poppa Drum Smokers, & WSM's
Proudly sponsored by Big Poppa Smokers, Kosmo's Q, Simply Marvelous BBQ, and MAK Grills
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-06-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
JD McGee

This event has become a qualifer...so...my wife and I will be cookin this one as "Left Hand Smoke" instead of SouthPaw...(we're shootin' for another bung in the barrel)... The swamprb will be doin' his usual prep and presentation magic and keeping me on track via the cell phone towers.

See you there!
Northwest BBQ Society
Proudly sponsored by Big Poppa Smokers, Kosmo's Q, Simply Marvelous BBQ, and MAK Grills

Unread 06-06-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
swamprb

....Ummh, yeah-like I'm going to have some spare time on my hands while they are reading off the names of the 3000+ graduating Seniors during turn-ins. Let's see....I can phone in the Chicken before they get to the "M's", if that'll help?
Wish I could do more!

Go get 'em JD & Rhanna!! You got it goin' on!
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-06-2010, 11:26 PM   #4
FamilyManBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Good luck JD and Rhanna! Gonna have to save the wine tasting for the victory celebration!! I can picture swamprb sitting in the crowd, bluetooth in ear, quietly communicating with John!!

Everything I cook is judged by SIX!!

Daddy and Me BBQ Competition Cooking Team
FamilyManBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-07-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
dgassaway
Full Fledged Farker

Good Luck!

Your new partner sure looks a lot prettier than your old one...just saying.
1 Weber 22.5 with Rib-O-Lator & [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Navy][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Orange[/B][/COLOR] Thermopen[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]
____________[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=2][COLOR=midnightblue][FONT=Verdana]

PNWBA Board Member | CBJ #200356[/FONT]
Smokin' HOT Grillfriends | Wellseasoned & The CanadaQ Crew BBQ Team
Event Organizer: Big Red Barn Burner | Cloverdale Cowboy Cook-off | BBQ on the By Pass[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
dgassaway is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-07-2010, 08:32 AM   #6
JD McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgassaway View Post
Good Luck!

Your new partner sure looks a lot prettier than your old one...just saying.
She smells a lot better too!
Northwest BBQ Society

Unread 06-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 4

Well, this weekend you find out if you really need Brian... Might be easier to split the prize money without him!

Hope you guys take another GC! I know you won't come in last... My friend Greg (Saucy Pig) will be there, so that spot is reserved for him!

We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this. ~Butz

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
KnucklHed BBQ is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #8
JD McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnucklHed BBQ View Post
Well, this weekend you find out if you really need Brian... Might be easier to split the prize money without him!

Hope you guys take another GC! I know you won't come in last... My friend Greg (Saucy Pig) will be there, so that spot is reserved for him!
I not only NEED him...he is essential to our success. As I type he is probably prepping chicken...
Northwest BBQ Society