The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 05-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
xjcrazy
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Smoked Beef Ribs?

Decided to try smoking some beef ribs this afternoon on my new Weber kettle, not enough meat to justify firing up the Bandera. I've never tried beef ribs before, any of ya'll got any tips or instructions on prep, temp and time. I've gotten pretty good at pork ribs but don't if the beef are similar. Plan on rubbin it down with a southwestern rub, basting it with some Stubbs and brushing with some bbq sauce the last 20 minutes. I figure 250 to 300 temp for about 3 hours, would this be correct?
xjcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-16-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

I would think not enough time. Everything else sounds good, but, I let ribs run longer at 250F. At 300f you should be good.

Whip It Off, Chambers!

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-16-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
Chef Jim
Babbling Farker

Just did beef ribs the other day. I do them just like pork ribs. same rub etc. Took 4.5 hours to get to temp. Pulled them at 190.

Used Hickory for the first time, they were some of the best I've had since I left Texas.

A veteran is Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand it. Author unknown.

Chef Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
MilitantSquatter

I agree with landarc... longer at 250 if you like that temp or push closer to 300 (the beef can handle it). Other than that, it's just you're preference on rubs... I don't like sauce on beef. I prefer a nice salt & peppery blend of spices.

I think I make damn good beef ribs, but the best I ever had were the ones made for us by Adam Perry Lang at a Brethren gathering a few years ago. The flavor was outrageous and I also learned about Fleur De Sel type sea salt...

Good Luck... I'm sure yours will come out great.

Last edited by MilitantSquatter; 04-09-2011 at 08:49 PM..
MilitantSquatter is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-16-2010, 08:12 PM   #5
paperboy98
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitantSquatter View Post
I agree with landarc... longer at 250 if you like that temp or push closer to 300 (the beef can handle it). Other than that, it's just you're preference on rubs... I don't like sauce on beef. I prefer a nice salt & peppery blend of spices.

I think I make damn good beef ribs, but the best I ever had were the ones made for us by Adam Perry Lang at a Brethren gathering a few years ago. The flavor was outrageous and I also learned about Fleur De Sel type sea salt...

Good Luck... I'm sure yours will come out great.
Would you share what you learned about Fleur De Sel??? I'm clueless. Thanks
Paperboy98

Last edited by MilitantSquatter; 05-16-2010 at 08:34 PM..
paperboy98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-16-2010, 08:35 PM   #6
MilitantSquatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperboy98 View Post
Would you share what you learned about Fleur De Sel??? I'm clueless. Thanks
Paperboy98
It translates to "Flower of Salt"... It's a fine powder type sea salt harvested from marshes in France. We lightly sprinkled a small pinch onto the cooked beef ribs.. The salt dissolved instantly and made the flavor really pop.

you can find it online..

Thanks from:--->