The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Unread 05-15-2010, 09:53 PM   #106
motoeric
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqpitstop View Post
Just wanted all to know that there is a place out there to belong to a bbq family without limiting yourselves to a sanctioning body.
I appreciate the sentiment and look forward to reading the article.

I may be encouraging thread drift here, but if someone off the street were to ask you why they should join the national bbq association, what would say?

As far as the 'family' and being part of a larger BBQ community, we pretty much have that right here as members of the BBQ Brethren (not that this would preclude joining or participating in any other organization).

Eric

A BBQ Brethren Publication
2 Thessalonians 2:15
Exodus 12:9
motoeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Unread 05-17-2010, 01:32 AM   #107
Haltech
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqpitstop View Post
Lots of great posts and opinions here. I am a member of KCBS, a CBJ and I voted in the 22% of voter turnout. All I'm going to say here is I'm currently writing an article for the National Barbecue News on behalf of the National Barbecue Association inviting EVERYONE to join our organization. While plenty of us are also involved with KCBS, there are members of MABA, MBN and numerous other sanctioning bodies and non sanctioned contest organizers. Smoker manufacturers, rub and sauce manufacturers and bottlers, you name it, it's covered in this association. Just wanted all to know that there is a place out there to belong to a bbq family without limiting yourselves to a sanctioning body. Hope you'll all consider it, I've benefited tremendously from being a part of their board and as a business member. Unlike a lot of organizations, we're expected to be on both the receiving and giving end as members and it seems to make our world go round. More explanation in my article, hope you'll all read it.
Did you guys just start up or something? Your forum is as dead as a door knob.
[COLOR=Lime]GREEN[/COLOR] [COLOR=SeaGreen][B]Top Gear Formula Model[/B][/COLOR] Therm0Pen
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Magenta"]Rubs Of Choice - [COLOR="Black"][B]Jacked UP BBQ & Plowboys Yardbird[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]
Haltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 02:00 AM   #108
bbqpitstop

Downloads:
Uploads:

Well Eric I hope you got to read the article...it seemed silly to post the whole thing here.....Haltech.....a forum was posted to the site with good intentions but we are also very aware of the numerous blogs and forums that exist and have grown over the years. It just never took off. What we truly hope is that the brethren forum will post as a member as will other forums so that bbq enthusiast that are members of NBBQA can find YOU. It also is an association that can help those wanting choices in sanctioning bodies, different styles of contest organizers etc. The whole idea of the National Organization is to provide the diversity so often lacking at more focused or more competitive bbq entities. Nowhere else will you see smoker manufacturers side by side showing off their smokers or sauce manufacturers sharing information on how to improve distribution efficiency, lower weight bottling materials, and the like.......it's definitely the place to join if you want to be part of the only organization that has as it's sole goal to be the clearinghouse of bbq no matter what your other affiliations are. I hope this makes sense, it's late, I'm in the dark typing...lol...any questions please don't hesitate to ask.