The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Unread 05-10-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
Merl
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Wisconsin Dells contest

Dear KCBS members and cooks,

I am pleased to say that the error which occurred concerning the Wisconsin Dells BBQ Bash has been corrected and the Organizer working with KCBS has resolved the issue.

Due to a misunderstanding and error in communication, the Organizer posted on its web site that the Wisconsin Dells contest would have over $10,000.00 in cash prizes awarded.

All of the correspondence with teams and with KCBS indicated that this sum was a combination of cash prize money and other gifts and awards.

Due to the error in communication, the Wisconsin Dells BBQ Bash and its organizers have guaranteed the payment of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) in cash prize money to be awarded at the contest.

KCBS recognizes the importance of guarantied prize money to the competitors and appreciates the efforts of the Wisconsin Dells BBQ Bash to provide for the participants. KCBS wishes to extend the best of luck to all the competitors.

The Organizer wishes to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

KCBS is confident this will be another great Wisconsin Contest as it has been in the past and is proud to sanction this event.

Merl Whitebook
Secretary,
KCBS Board of Directors.
Merl is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Unread 05-10-2010, 07:20 PM   #2
PimpSmoke
is one Smokin' Farker

Good to hear Merl. Makes me glad to be a KCBS member and supporter.
I heard the rip when you sat down.
PimpSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #3
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Glad that issue got resolved! I'm not cooking it but a lot of folks had serious concerns.
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote