The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Unread 05-10-2010, 08:04 AM   #1
early mornin' smokin'
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default 30 people, your opinions appreciated

Have a small 30 person job coming up this weekend. For a good friend, but will be able to make a lot of good connections for future gigs. They want ribs, burgers, sliced steak and chicken.
Here's my thoughts;
12 Racks of ribs will leave about 3 bones a person, probably more because they'll be some chicken only eaters at the event.
15lbs chop meat yields about 40-45 6-7oz burgers, motorcycle guys, think big, they dont want no 1/4lb burgers.
15lbs sliced tri tip - they want sliced steak, figured it was the best way to go
5lbs grilled chicken cutlets for the non red meat eaters.

they're handling the side salads, im bringing the bread. Too much, too little, dont want to run out, or be coming home with a lot of food.
Unread 05-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
jbrink01
is Blowin Smoke!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

30 big eaters with sides is 15 - 20 pounds of meat ttl.
[CENTER][B][I][B]KCBS #13207[/B][/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]2013 Insane Can Posse [/I][I]Tour [/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][I]Sponsored By: [/I][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]Gateway BBQ Store[/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]Blues Hog BBQ Company[/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]Plowboys BBQ Company[/I][/B][/CENTER]
jbrink01 is offline   Reply With Quote