The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 05-04-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
Ohly Smokes
Found some matches.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Meat Source - Roc City Ribfest

Hi,
We're competing in our second pro competition in Rochester, NY - the Roc City Ribfest. We're coming from Canada and we're nervous that we're going to get our meat confiscated at the border.

Does anyone have recommendations on where we could pick up some nice meat in and around Rochester?
Thanks,
Jeff
Ohly Smokes
Ohly Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
Jacked UP BBQ
Babbling Farker

I can bring you some if you want. I will have cases of briskets and butts to pick from and if you need ribs and chicken also let me know. I can arrange that.

Ocean County Pig Assassins competition team retired and is now known as Jacked UP BBQ

Fec 750
Fec 100
Large Spicewine
Jacked UP BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 05-04-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
goodsmokebbq
is one Smokin' Farker

And if you don't trust people from NJ , you can try Palmers (http://palmersdirecttoyou.com/ , http://www.palmerfoods.com/), they are a sponsor and it is where I get our competition meat...

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those that don't

http://www.goodsmokebbq.com
http://www.roccityribfest.com
http://www.nybbqchamp.com
Backwoods Party,Backwoods Competitor,Weber 26
goodsmokebbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #4
roastntoast
On the road to being a farker

Jeff. Customs has a phone number you can call to ask and they will tell you what you can and can not cross the Boarder with.The only Meat you can not cross over as of now is Goat. I have the number at home will post it tomorrow .

Jules
roastntoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #5
HandsomeSwede
Full Fledged Farker

We have a team member who is also a local butcher if you are still looking.
HandsomeSwede is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-04-2010, 05:30 PM   #6
Diva Q
is one Smokin' Farker

Crossing over the border with meat is very simple. We have done it many many times.

Best advice to you is never to pretrim. Customs likes to see the original packaging. Don't pack any produce unless it is from the USA. Make it really easy for them to access all of your food. Carry a list of everything you have packed and hand it to them.
Its really not a big deal at all.
Just be 100% honest with them. If anything they will ask you more questions about BBQ.

Check out my new show BBQ Crawl !
Travel Channel (US) Cottage Life & Travel & Escape (Canada)

Life is too short for bad BBQ®
Diva Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Tags
Roc City Ribfest