Super Meat Candy: USDA PRIME Beef Back Ribs Smoked on the UDS

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
As soon as I saw this package of USDA prime beef ribs, I nabbed it! Of course, there was only one :roll::

IMG_0349.jpg

After I opened the package, there was one giant rib hiding under the main rack. Bonus! I seasoned them up with Moose's Rib Rub # 1 and let rest for a while. Then, I fired up the uds and added some hickory and maple to my charcoal. Once the temp was up to 300, I put the ribs on:

IMG_0351.jpg

I smoked them for 3.5 hours, and basted with Bone Suckin' Sauce doctored with black pepper and cayenne at the last 20 mins, after getting the temp of the drum down to 250.

Let meat rest for 1/2 hour, while the missus prepared some of her amazing Asian Slaw and some corn on the cob.

Here is everything plated and ready to eat:

IMG_0352.jpg

Last edited:
looks mighty tasty:thumb: ive never done beef ribs, but with thses post latley i think im gonna have to give them a shot next weekend

looks mighty tasty:thumb: ive never done beef ribs, but with thses post latley i think im gonna have to give them a shot next weekend

Make sure you get beef BACK ribs; the other larger ribs usually have next to no meat on them. Also, the beef back ribs have two very stubborn membranes that take some patience to remove...

Wow, that was a beautiful rack and you did a great job with them as well.

Will you adopt me?

I'm not that much trouble.
I don't have a beef with anybody...and I'm not ribbing you either.
No sir; you wont even have to loin me any money.
I'll chuck everything; and be there ASAP.

Will you adopt me?

I'm not that much trouble.
I don't have a beef with anybody...and I'm not ribbing you either.
No sir; you wont even have to loin me any money.
I'll chuck everything; and be there ASAP.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back