The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 05-02-2010, 02:33 AM   #1
Norcoredneck
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Moinks trump whole hog

I grew up with a Puerto Rican family and was known as their "Blonde Headed Bastard stepchild" They lived 2 doors down and it seemed I was always there. Anyhow the kids had a 50th wedding anniversary party for the parents today. They told me not to bring anything but I better show up. Well I brought a big tray of Moink balls. They had huge amounts of food as well as alcohol. Well the food line started and eveyone went nuts for the moink balls. The Dad came in and yelled "We have a whole damn pig on the table and you all are fighting over the Honkeys meat balls. I enjoyed the party and ate a lot of food I had not eaten in a long time. Wife got to experience a real Puerto Rican party! Well the Brandy came out and I had to leave. Sure it will still be going tomorrow when I get off work in true PR tradition. Man they know how to party. Have Pics of the hog and of course red beans and rice , plantain, mofongo, ect, ect, oh and don't forget flan. Will post if I can find my camera. Was hard to hang on to between hugs and alcohol.

The Prontologist is in...
Ok let's see your Butt!
Norcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2010, 03:14 AM   #2
Phesant
Babbling Farker

OHHHHH that sounded like fun Pat...... can't wait for the pics

WSM
Char-Griller Super Pro w/SFB
Grill Sargent
Turkey / Fish Fryer
Weber Ranch Kettle "Lucky Girl" (A Stamp, 1979), [COLOR=darkorange][B]ORANGE THERMAPEN[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Proud member of the Zero's :thumb:[/COLOR]
Phesant is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2010, 04:31 AM   #3
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Sounds like my kind of party!!!!!!!!

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
chambersuac

good times.

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #5
Ron_L

Downloads: 1

In b4 Larry

It's MOINKs
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #6
Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcoredneck View Post
I grew up with a Puerto Rican family and was known as their "Blonde Headed Bastard stepchild" They lived 2 doors down and it seemed I was always there. Anyhow the kids had a 50th wedding anniversary party for the parents today. They told me not to bring anything but I better show up. Well I brought a big tray of Moink balls. They had huge amounts of food as well as alcohol. Well the food line started and eveyone went nuts for the moink balls. The Dad came in and yelled "We have a whole damn pig on the table and you all are fighting over the Honkeys meat balls. I enjoyed the party and ate a lot of food I had not eaten in a long time. Wife got to experience a real Puerto Rican party! Well the Brandy came out and I had to leave. Sure it will still be going tomorrow when I get off work in true PR tradition. Man they know how to party. Have Pics of the hog and of course red beans and rice , plantain, mofongo, ect, ect, oh and don't forget flan. Will post if I can find my camera. Was hard to hang on to between hugs and alcohol.
Is it just me, or is mofongo an acquired taste?

BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY!!!

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote