The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:47 AM   #1
lunchbox
Knows what a fatty is.

Default I love Grove Charcoal!

My dad recommended this Lump to me, so i gave it a try(the company is from Cedar Grove Wisc, and i always try to buy from local companies if possible). This stuff has the best Burn rate/ash ratio(not to mention burns pretty hot) i have ever used. So i thought "let's check what nakidwhiz says". And i got this quote:

Quote:
As for burntime, this charcoal set a new Whiz world record, burning longer than any charcoal we have ever tested. Longer than Brassiero, longer than Kamado extruded coconut. The ash produced in our test burn was very low.
The stuff burns ALL DANG DAY. I can use around 1/2 what i usually do, and it burns just as hot and maintains for a long, long, long time. I'm not sure where this is available, but anybody in the upper midwest should be able to find it, and if you guys outside the great lakes area find it, give it a try. It's relatively cheap(i think i paid $10 for a 20# bag), and it's worth every dollar.
lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2010, 09:13 AM   #2
Harbormaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Yep. it's pretty good stuff. You should have tried it when it was first reviewed by the Whiz. Even better then. (IMHO) Bigger pieces. Better smell.
Brinkman Cimmaron.
"For when democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote"
Harbormaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
Coz
is One Chatty Farker

I have been burning Grove for 3 or 4 years.If I have the story correct Its made in Canada for Grove. I use over 1000# in a year cooking all year round. Piggly Wiggly stores carry it , if they dont have it talk to the manager they can get it . If your local stores are serviced by Holliday wholesale from Wi. Dells they can get it.
Stumps Clone " CHRISTINE " ONE Evil Biotch and another in process

BRINGIN' THE HEAT BBQ Team
just Cloning around
Coz is offline   Reply With Quote