ブタ
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun weekly contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted each week. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, and the chance to choose the next week's category. Fun people only please! If you take this too seriously you will have to leave the party until you are fun again.

Unread 04-16-2010, 07:09 PM   #136
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Post number 42 Derek, sadly, even though I thought I had a winner, there are so many great entries, I can't even say I will vote for my own entry at this point. I will say, I am really enjoying this Throw Down, killer food.

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Unread 04-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #137
Derek
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
Post number 42 Derek, sadly, even though I thought I had a winner, there are so many great entries, I can't even say I will vote for my own entry at this point. I will say, I am really enjoying this Throw Down, killer food.
You know LandArc, Mine is certainly not a winner and I may never win, But I keep entering and winning.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2010, 07:34 PM   #138
The Moss Pit
Knows what a fatty is.

This is going to my first throwdown and the pron comes later. Right now the wife and I are in burger comas. Not to mention the bayou tea. Pron to follow.
The Moss Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #139
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts

Alright Chris, I'd like to call your attention to this entry by SmokinAussie. It seems to me precisely what you are talking about, someone entering a contest just to get a zero! Note in the description, he claims to be using beetroot. This is like saying, "I add arsenic to my burgers." He knows full well that beetroot is not a food item!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAussie View Post
G'Day Bruces'
Yes that's right... It's always bigger and better in America... but were not far behind here in the great land of Oz. In the case of Burgers, a true Ozzie burger has got to have 3 additional things: Egg, Pineapple, and Beetroot. This is what we call a Hamburger "with the lot" You can get this from any fish and chip shop in Australia... er... another thing that you don't have over there. Anyways!.... Here we go, I just HAD to enter this throwdown, not to win it, but to show that we do burgers well!
Obviously, the beetroot did not have the desired effect. He apparently didn't take into account that people don't actually read the descriptions, so he followed it up with this to warn people off:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAussie View Post
I got to the last bite and I had to control not throwing up.
I can't imagine he is trying to appeal to the bulimics on this website. It really doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize he's going for a zero! So, are ya gonna DQ'm?
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2010, 07:50 PM   #140
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts

We have just finished filming the latest installment of "Cooking with the Master." Here is the transcript for those interested:

Master: Ladies, Gentlemen, Gooood Eeeeevening! And velcome to "Cooking with the Master," a show about cooking. I ... am the Master! Joined by sous chefs Gore and Ninja Squirrel I vill demonstrate revolutionary advances made in the burger industry….

I (Gore): Excuse me Master, but about our new sous chef? I really need some help with the pits and none of our other sous-chefs can lift a bag of charcoal!

Master: Yes…as Gore reminds me, ve received notice from one of our shorter Human Resource Managers that sous chef Theodore Puppy is too embarrassed to be seen by Brethren throughout the world, so ve have sought a replacement. During last veek’s competition, one of our very own BBQ-Brethren agreed to help us. He lives hundreds of miles away, but my latest invention, the Sous-Transmorgraphier, will hone in on the special tracking device he wears and transport his essence here to assist Gore in the pits. …Gore, flip the switch!

I (Gore): Done, Master!

[Flames and sparks]

Master: Eeeggsellent!... Audience, please velcome Smokey Al Gold!

[Cheers and wild applause from the audience]

Smokey Al Gold: Hi Master, Gore, thanks, it’s great to be here. Cool, I can levitate, but, uh, where’s my body?

Master: Yes, at present ve can only project your head into the studio. I hope you locked yourself securely in a room as instructed. Someone may get a bit of a fright if they find you before I return your head!

[Laughter from audience]

I (Gore): Thank you, Master, for providing … this assistance. Looks like I’ll be working the pits …alone…again.

Master:… I have invented a dish that not only vill revolutionize the burger industry, but also the pizza industry! Soon people everywhere vill be eating out of my hands! This Pizza-Burger vill…

I (Gore): Excuse me Master, but I’m not sure if a “Pizza-Burger” will meet with the approval of Mr. Big. He wears a huge foil hat and controls hundreds of black helicopters. He has already DQ’ed a chicken sandwich, and…

Smokey Al Gold: We’re cool! As long as we’re having fun, then virtually anything goes! So, let’s have some fun!

[Audience cheers]

Master: Precisely! Now as you can see, we roll out the burger and line the bottom of our deep dish pan. I even use special foil-hat seasoning for this one!

Master: We cover this with sauce, cheese and toppings…

I (Gore): sausage, … pepperoni, …

Smokey Al Gold: Chicken thighs?

Master: and of course, … the bacon! No valnuts on this one Ninja Squirrel! Gore, put the pizza in the Primo Oval and adjust the settings for “deep dish.”

I (Gore): Yes, Master!

Master: Now I unveil the product that I vill use to build my Empire and take over the fast-food industry!

Master: As my sous chefs demonstrated, this Pizza-Burger does not have the conventional pizza crust, but a burger crust, replacing the weakest link of the pizza with even more MEAT! Not only does this provide additional comfort and satisfaction for carnivores everywhere, but ve can claim this product to be “Atkins friendly!” Ve vill include this on our diet menu and people vill gorge on this guilt free!

I (Gore): Pure genius, Master!

Master: Soon… the world vill be MINE!

I (Gore): Master, I think I hear helicopters!

Master: Don’t worry, … ve are having fun! Even now, I am constructing my new fast-food Empire that vill….

I (Gore): Master, I think there’s someone at the door!

Suddenly, the door bursts open and men in black uniforms come rushing toward Master. On their uniforms is embroidered “Master’s Pizza-Burger” and “Free Delivery!”

Master: Just in time! Take this to Mr. Big, Overland Park. He said on the phone that he had a coupon, …but tell him this one is on me!

I (Gore): Extra eggplant, Master?

Master: That’s right, Gore.

Unread 04-16-2010, 07:57 PM   #141
deathamphetamine
is one Smokin' Farker

WOW you guys!!!!! I thought I liked burgers! I am gonna need all the entrants addresses for my american burger tour 2011 :) ..... Seriously how does a guy choose just one of these amazing entries. This throwdown should have a second and third place recognition. (drooling) Good work everyone!!!

P.S. ...... Bob damn man, your first on my tour!!!
Unread 04-16-2010, 07:59 PM   #142
landarc

I can't begin to tell you what it is like in Gore's head, there are no words.

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Unread 04-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #143
bigabyte

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 1

Uh...Gore? It's been well over 30 minutes. In fact, it's been almost 90 minutes. No Pizza Burger do I see.

However, just looking at that lovely Pizza Burger made me so hungry, I went and got fast food because of the suggestive fast food references throughout your post. While it was nowhere near as good as that Pizza Burger looks, since I did not technically have to pay anything for that Pizza Burger, I will have mercy on you, despite my dinners severe lack of eggplant.

Therefore in regards to whether or not your questionable dish is allowed in this Throwdown...I sentence you to the whim of the voters!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2010, 09:40 PM   #144
SmokinAussie
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Gore, My family just laughed so hard they snotted all over my notebook...
Just remember... the standard has gone up. You Americans are getting good at LAMB!

IMBAS Certified MOINK BALLER (NOSKOS RULE)
"Bullet Bill" WSM
"Blue Lou" Performer
Too many other bits of BBQ Gear to count!

SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2010, 10:40 PM   #145
Gore
Phizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
Uh...Gore? It's been well over 30 minutes. In fact, it's been almost 90 minutes. No Pizza Burger do I see.

However, just looking at that lovely Pizza Burger made me so hungry, I went and got fast food because of the suggestive fast food references throughout your post. While it was nowhere near as good as that Pizza Burger looks, since I did not technically have to pay anything for that Pizza Burger, I will have mercy on you, despite my dinners severe lack of eggplant.

Therefore in regards to whether or not your questionable dish is allowed in this Throwdown...I sentence you to the whim of the voters!
Sorry Mr. Big, the pilots returned over an hour ago. The instruments lost the signal while flying over Missouri. Did you remove your foil hat?

Unread 04-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #146
bigabyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
Sorry Mr. Big, the pilots returned over an hour ago. The instruments lost the signal while flying over Missouri. Did you remove your foil hat?
Foil hat? Why would I ever wear a foil hat when there are so many taxes to collect? If you haven't noticed, we have to create bigger government to solve all of the worlds problems in an efficient manner, because only the government could possibly do this correctly. Any other way would surely just wind up with all that money back in the taxpayers pockets which would be unacceptable. How can the government spend all that money if the taxpayers have it all?
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?

Duh.
Unread 04-17-2010, 08:24 AM   #147
Derek
is Blowin Smoke!

Yeah I say more the marrier more the fun :)

But don't play favs and rig the contest :P
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #148
bigabyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Yeah I say more the marrier more the fun :)

But don't play favs and rig the contest :P
Well, you don't have to worry about rigging. The polls can't be rigged. They can be shut down, but the numbers can't be changed. Plus, the votes are public so at any time you can see who voted for who, thus eliminating any chance at any funny business.

I feel so much better now that I found my hat again.

Duh.
Unread 04-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #149
Gore
Phizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post

I feel so much better now that I found my hat again.
Dang, now we're fresh out of eggplant!

Unread 04-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #150
Big Frank
Full Fledged Farker

Default Low Carb Burger

For us horizontally challenge Brethren I summit my no bun burger. Ground chuck was mixed with chopped peppers than topped with asiago cheese,grilled onions,tomatoes,pesto mayo and wrapped in lettuce.

Thanks for looking.

Frank
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0117.jpg (68.9 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0118.jpg (80.4 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0121.jpg (43.6 KB, 111 views)

Primo Oval XL - Backwoods Chubby - 22.5" WSM -Brinkman Smoke N Pit - Camerons Stovetop Smoker
22" weber x 3 - Weber Genesis S-330 - Turkey Fryer
Super-Fast Splash-Proof RED Thermapen
Imbas Certified MOINK Baller

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
Big Frank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burger, Burger Throwdown, BURGERS ONLY PLEASE!, Chicken Sammich Burger, Chicken Toadstool Burger, Cooking with the Master, gasser, Great Chicken Debacle, Great Chicken Sammich, Great Debacle, Great Debacle 2010, Great Sammich Debacle, Lee Greenwood, Rantburger, Shiner 101, Throwdown, Throwdown Entry Thread, Weenie Burger