The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 04-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
big matt
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default new competition team

Hello everyone my name is Matt Dalton and I'm new to the sport..I don't know if this is where i should have started this thread but it was the only one I could get to work..A little about me..a friend of mine and I went to Myron Mixon's class at the end of Feb..so much info gained..then 3 weeks later we were on our way to Arkansas for smoke on the water..2 reasons first to pick up our hog smoker and second to check out the comp..WOW!..what a mind blowing time..I could not believe how many teams were there.I think there were 228 teams..and all of the rigs and the millions of dollars that were involved..Myron was really cool and let us hang out all weekend..his team members were all really cool and nice people...so anyway nice to be here..our team name is Left Coast Q from Banning,CA..and our first comp will be May 22nd in Bakersfield
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/pages/Leftcoa...440847709&_rdr
Our website:
http://www.leftcoastq.com/Leftcoastq.com/Home.html
big matt is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
dannypat21
is one Smokin' Farker

Whats up Matt. I am in Rancho Cucamonga not too far from you. I am also trying to move from the backyard to competition. Its good to see people in California that are into BBQ. I am going to check out the Hesperia BBQ competition this weekend, and will see you in Bakersfield in May. Good luck! Danny
dannypat21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

good luck, and kick some ash!!!! Im sure you will do well. If you have any questions ask away!! Brethren rock!

Unread 04-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #4
C Rocke
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by big matt View Post
Hello everyone my name is Matt Dalton and I'm new to the sport..I don't know if this is where i should have started this thread but it was the only one I could get to work..A little about me..a friend of mine and I went to Myron Mixon's class at the end of Feb..so much info gained..then 3 weeks later we were on our way to Arkansas for smoke on the water..2 reasons first to pick up our hog smoker and second to check out the comp..WOW!..what a mind blowing time..I could not believe how many teams were there.I think there were 228 teams..and all of the rigs and the millions of dollars that were involved..Myron was really cool and let us hang out all weekend..his team members were all really cool and nice people...so anyway nice to be here..our team name is Left Coast Q from Banning,CA..and our first comp will be May 22nd in Bakersfield

Matt,

Syop by Wildomar on April 17th - Marna O'Brien Park. East vs West BBQ Contest there that day. 45 teams, and a great place to meet some of the local folks, and check things out. Let me know if you need more info.
Twitter - @ranchoagogo @ranchotogobbq
www.ranchotogobbq.com
C Rocke is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #5
big matt
is one Smokin' Farker

thank's for quick responses!...Danny and c rocke what's up..can't make hesperia but I'm really gonna try to make it to wildomar..it would have been our first but missed the cut off date..thanks again guys can't wait to meet!
Our website:

Unread 04-07-2010, 08:24 PM   #6
Andrews
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
thank's for quick responses!...Danny and c rocke what's up..can't make hesperia but I'm really gonna try to make it to wildomar..it would have been our first but missed the cut off date..thanks again guys can't wait to meet!

Matt, did you miss the cutoff for Wildomar? or Hesperia?
If you missed the Wildomar cutoff, Have you called Henry to see if he can fit you in?

Andy
Andrews is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-07-2010, 08:45 PM   #7
Willie's BBQ
Banned

kindly post all notes from Myron's class in this thread
Willie's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-07-2010, 08:57 PM   #8
big matt
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews View Post
Matt, did you miss the cutoff for Wildomar? or Hesperia?
If you missed the Wildomar cutoff, Have you called Henry to see if he can fit you in?

Andy
Andy I missed wildomar by more than a month..I thought about it but I want to get just a few more cooks in..we've already have our logo and are working on our website and also it will give me time to get some cards too..I'm planing on going to wildomar to walk around and meet some of the teams..also waiting on a call back from harry soo..met him in arkansas and he said he has some good info for me..hope to see u there
Our website:

Unread 04-07-2010, 08:57 PM   #9
Frank Sacco
is One Chatty Farker

Best of luck with the new team! go kick some arse... on the west coast!
Wicked fast, Super accurate, splash proof RED Thermapen
www.blazinbuttzbbq.com
Frank Sacco is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #10
goodsmokebbq
is one Smokin' Farker

Best of luck!

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those that don't

http://www.goodsmokebbq.com
http://www.roccityribfest.com
http://www.nybbqchamp.com
Backwoods Party,Backwoods Competitor,Weber 26
goodsmokebbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #11
Andrews
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Andy I missed wildomar by more than a month..I thought about it but I want to get just a few more cooks in..we've already have our logo and are working on our website and also it will give me time to get some cards too..I'm planing on going to wildomar to walk around and meet some of the teams..also waiting on a call back from harry soo..met him in arkansas and he said he has some good info for me..hope to see u there

I'll be there, look for the Simple Green ez-ups... I'll try and save you a beer!

Andy
Andrews is offline   Reply With Quote