The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 05-10-2004, 09:51 AM   #1
cabo
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Pirates Gold

A few years ago (pre Bandera) an old friend of mine named Bubba (Believe it, itís true. He had several younger sisters that as toddlers couldnít pronounce brother.) brought some turkey in to work for us to sample. It had been injected with something called Pirates Gold and left in the fridge to marinade for about 12 hours, then deep-fried. Later that year, for Thanksgiving Bubba and I fried 9 turkeys weighing in at 12 to 14 lbs. each at work (all injected with Pirates Gold). All that tried it seemed more than satisfied. The publisher came down from on high to see what was going on (he could smell it from the air conditioning returns). He offered Bubba and me fifty bucks (cheapskate) if we would do one for him to take home for Thanksgiving.
My question is has anyone tried this stuff. I kinda lost touch after Bubba died (complications from Diabetes).
Remembered it recently when my cousin mentioned it.
Iíve found out they have a website. They claim itís good on just about everything.
I was wondering if I should bring it to Bash III instead of the Cabo Wabo I brought last time.
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.piratesgoldmarinade.com/

Cabo