拉猪肉
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun weekly contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted each week. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, and the chance to choose the next week's category. Fun people only please! If you take this too seriously you will have to leave the party until you are fun again.

View Poll Results: Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Cast Iron" Throwdown?
1 T Scot 5 3.18%
Boat-n-BBQ 18 11.46%
BobBrisket 18 11.46%
bowhnter 3 1.91%
cmcadams 3 1.91%
Cracklin Jeorge 4 2.55%
Derek 2 1.27%
Hofy 2 1.27%
jagardn 3 1.91%
KnucklHed BBQ 7 4.46%
Meat Burner 1 0.64%
MikeR 1 0.64%
Niek 11 7.01%
Paulmark 1 0.64%
RDOwens 5 3.18%
rolf 37 23.57%
Ron L 2 1.27%
Shiz-Nit 0 0%
Sparky 0 0%
swamprb 3 1.91%
swibirun 11 7.01%
The BBQ QB 0 0%
thirdeye 11 7.01%
tjus77 0 0%
ZILLA 9 5.73%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 04-06-2010, 06:52 PM   #31
Boat-n-BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulmark View Post
I don't really care grill vs. pan, once I thought about it. I had fun doing it, it made me buy a c.i. pan(finally) and I tried a recipe I probably would have never tried...And it was a huge hit with the family and friends. I can't really ask for more

I used CI plates, where does that put me? LoL

That's the right attitude I’ve learned a bunch from this throwdown. I’ll be stopping by the Lodge CI outlet store for more stuff this weekend, so I can try a few of these..

2 Bubba Keg Convection Grills
4 Big Steel Kegs
w/BBQGuru DigiQ's
KCBS/CBJ
Boat-n-BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Unread 04-06-2010, 07:03 PM   #32
LJ5.0
Got Wood.

Anyone who gets bent out of shape over an internet cooking contest where no one tastes the food and no one wins any money needs to re-examine their priorities.

This is for giggles between e-friends, y'all :)
LJ5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #33
Rover24
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnucklHed BBQ View Post
Did ya' check out the original thread that Bigabyte linked to? These are just the entry pics. The other thread has all the CI you can handle!
I looked at the original thread and checked out all of the CI, and all of the wonderful things that were cooked in/on them. For my vote, I guess that I wanted the entry shot to show what the theme was. Like if you just looked at the collection of entries, you could guess the theme. I am not trying to bag on the entries who didn't show CI in thier entry shots, especialy since many of the entries had CI shown in supporting shots in the original thread. I just look at it as this...if it is a beef throwdown, I better see some beef in the entry shot. Just my two cents. Great entries by everyone though...I wouldn't expect the Brethren to come up with less.

Even though I voted for rolf, the PUD cake made up my mind to go out and get me some CI!!!
Rover24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #34
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnucklHed BBQ View Post
T
I made the ugliest cake possible and you punish me with votes!
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BBQ QB View Post
Go figure, I make what I consider to be on of the prettiest cakes (Certainly the prettiest I've ever made) and they punish me with no votes?

BTW I consider your PUD Cake very good looking. Mind if I pull some?

Mike D
Did I mention "bacon" in my criteria? I guess not. Creative use of bacon is always worth points. Now if you had put those cakes of yours in a bacon-weave, I think you'd have really scored big time. Bacon just wasn't prominently featured in this one though.

K-Hed, I know what you're saying and it looks fabulous -- you're selling yourself short if you think it's ugly -- but Master is the dessert person in this castle. I'll gladly pass over dessert for meat, but I'm still debating.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 01:23 AM   #35
Paulmark
is One Chatty Farker

[QUOTE=Rover24;1241807]I looked at the original thread and checked out all of the CI, and all of the wonderful things that were cooked in/on them. For my vote, I guess that I wanted the entry shot to show what the theme was. Like if you just looked at the collection of entries, you could guess the theme. I am not trying to bag on the entries who didn't show CI in thier entry shots, especialy since many of the entries had CI shown in supporting shots in the original thread. I just look at it as this...if it is a beef throwdown, I better see some beef in the entry shot. Just my two cents. Great entries by everyone though...I wouldn't expect the Brethren to come up with less.

Yeah, I agree I guess,how I voted shows that. I just couldn't figure out a good way to do it, my cook involved a couple of pieces of CI that I didn't think would look right with my presentation. Thanks for the feedback, and for looking
Paulmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 05:43 AM   #36
SmokinAussie
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ5.0 View Post
Anyone who gets bent out of shape over an internet cooking contest where no one tastes the food and no one wins any money needs to re-examine their priorities.

Hah... If you've got the BBQ Bug, you just gotta do it! It's such great fun and it's really satisfying... win... lose who cares.

Can't wait to see your first entry!

Cheers!

IMBAS Certified MOINK BALLER (NOSKOS RULE)
"Bullet Bill" WSM
"Blue Lou" Performer
Too many other bits of BBQ Gear to count!
SmokinAussie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 06:06 AM   #37
SmokinAussie

Bruces!

All these entries are sensational. I couldn't pick. I had to have a serious think about this. The main issue here is that we've become professional foodie photographers. That photo by Rolf is the most beautiful food photo I've seen probably ever, but then I thought... hang on, that looks good, but which one do I really want to EAT! Dammit... I thought, that means I have to go back and look at the thread to see what everything was again... So I only just voted for Bob Brisket... man nice photo's but WOW, beef and pork and cast iron baked bread, all cooked over an open fire... Now that's just 'Q back to it's basic roots and I really wanted to try that. Cracklin' George.... CLOSE second.. I'd hit that broth and dumplings big time.

Can I have the recipes????

Cheers!

Bill

"Bullet Bill" WSM
"Blue Lou" Performer
Unread 04-07-2010, 06:17 AM   #38
Rick's Tropical Delight
** Permanent Timeout **

Quote:

you don't win money but you win a chance to get your photo in a brethren calendar. everything changed when that new twist was introduced.
Rick's Tropical Delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 07:07 AM   #39
bbq ron
is one Smokin' Farker

they all look great, but rolf really caught my eye
gosm
bbq ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 08:03 AM   #40
rolf
Full Fledged Farker

The discussion is quite interesting. Its sort of a "free association". If someone says X, I expect Y, and if I see a twist on it, also great.
Cast iron might mean dutch oven, searing steaks or skillets. The creative twist being knucklheads pineapple cake, didnt really expect that one.
Thanks again for all the kind words, it was a really lucky shot. The rest of the pics I took are quite smoky, but in this one there is just that small wisp of smoke.
Smokey joe for trips.
rolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #41
LJ5.0
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAussie View Post
Hah... If you've got the BBQ Bug, you just gotta do it! It's such great fun and it's really satisfying... win... lose who cares.

Can't wait to see your first entry!

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick's Tropical Delight View Post
you don't win money but you win a chance to get your photo in a brethren calendar. everything changed when that new twist was introduced.
Just to clarify, I'm referring to comments about how CI wasn't prevalent enough for certain entries to qualify. I think the throwdowns are an extremely enjoyable part of this forum; I just take issue when sour comments are made about the "letter of the law" in something like this, which I view as a purely fun way to share cooks amongst ourselves.

I probably shoulda just kept my mouth shut

And I voted for swibirun 'cause his pic made me the hungriest.
LJ5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 09:15 AM   #42
Boat-n-BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick's Tropical Delight View Post
I didn't know that. It's a good thing I'm not winning then! My pics aren't good enough for a Brethern calendar..

2 Bubba Keg Convection Grills
4 Big Steel Kegs
w/BBQGuru DigiQ's
KCBS/CBJ
Boat-n-BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 12:23 AM   #43
SmokinAussie

Quote:
Just to clarify, I'm referring to comments about how CI wasn't prevalent enough for certain entries to qualify. I think the throwdowns are an extremely enjoyable part of this forum; I just take issue when sour comments are made about the "letter of the law" in something like this, which I view as a purely fun way to share cooks amongst ourselves.

I probably shoulda just kept my mouth shut

And I voted for swibirun 'cause his pic made me the hungriest.
No problem champ... See you in the Woodpile... that's where you ge the hang of this place... nothin's too serious!

"Bullet Bill" WSM
"Blue Lou" Performer
Unread 04-08-2010, 12:38 AM   #44
Meat Burner

OOps, my bad. I didn't note what pic to use and the one used was kinda posted as a funny. Not so funny now that it was picked. Hey, I wasn't sitting on the sideline at least. Damn, DAL is really a big bummer!!!

NB Bandera with mods
Weber 22 .5" x 2, 26.75" x 1
UDS x 3
KCBS CBJ
Created "The Great Spam Revelation of 2011."
www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111155
Meat Burner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 12:44 AM   #45
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 1

There is an exclusive club out there...
you may have heard of it circulating the rumor mill...
only a select few have earned the privilege to join...
perhaps someday you too can join if the votes don't go your way.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote