Italian Sausage pron

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I don't get to cook as often as I like anymore but I wanted to cook tonite. I kept it simple. I browned some Italian sausages in the skillet. I took them out and add some EVOO, Sliced onion, Fennel, Red & Green peppers and let them saute until wilted.

Next I added some beer, garlic, S&P and the sausages back to the skillet and let it simmer for 30 mins. This is what I ended up with...

SDC10558.jpg

Comments?

I am not too proud to say that I want your sausage, Mista! :shock:

NTTAWWT!

I don't know. Its the first call out of maybe 200 people where someone wanted an Italian recipe and it wasn't my sausage and Fennel meatballs in Sugo.

Looks good.

Donnie told me about adding the fennel and the beer. Phil told me to brown the sausages and wilt the veggies before I add the beer.

I have such cool friends!

just one comment............where's mine? Looking good, Mista. Those gonna be on the menu soon?

Gotta say, I love italian sausage sandwiches with sauteed onions and pepper. That one looks good. Now, I have to make some this weekend.

Thats what I love about this place. My weekly menu seems to develop as I follow the threads!

Don't forget to add the fennel.

That made my tumbly rumbly!
Fennel huh?
I see it at the grocery store, and I keep wanting to try it, but the culinary dwarves I like to call "my family" wouldn't eat it 'cuz it's different.
Now I gotta try it. 'Cept on bratwurst, of course.

Looks great I'm getting so many good ideas for this weekend I may run out of meals available.
Suppose I could eat like a Hobbit and have 6 meals

Looks great I'm getting so many good ideas for this weekend I may run out of meals available.
Suppose I could eat like a Hobbit and have 6 meals
Now, THAT's the spirit.

Nice sammie Mista!

Neil, I grew up eating alot of Italian sausage. The best sausage I've found at a good price is from Claro's Italian Market . They have spicey and sweet types with just the right amount of fat to meat ratio. Spices are traditional and superbly perportioned. I get mine from the La Habra store. They have three or four locations.

I also get my 6 in1 canned tomato's for my pasta sauce there. 6 in1 is renoun for a quality canned tomato product. When I go in their stores its like stepping back in time to when I was growing up in my Mom and Dad's house, with all the great cooking smells and the food. Also try their garlic marinated green olives, best I ever had.

Looks fabulous! Maybe yo need to add that to your menu?

Back