The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-18-2004, 10:33 AM   #1
BayouBound
Got Wood.

Default Anyone smoke "Chicken" tree's?

Actually, it's Chinese Tallow wood. Being Bayou Bound (but not quite there yet) has it's limitations. I have a limitless supply of these buggers. I hear that they are being considered as a biofuel. Has anyone had any experience with burning them as banderafuel? Is the flavor nice or nasty?
BayouBound is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2004, 07:17 PM   #2
Bill-Chicago
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Western Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.

whoa.

Never even heard of that one BBound.

The death of "willkat98"

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M
Bill-Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2004, 06:24 PM   #3
BayouBound
Got Wood.

Thanks Bill,
The more I research the more I want to stay away from these. This is a tree that has been distributed widely as an ornamental. It saps up in the spring and is a real opportunist. It chokes out other vegitation in whatever area it occupies. To kill it you must chop it down and treat the stump with pestacides within 20 minutes. If you don't, all of the roots will sprout new trees! I doubt that they would make anything taste good.

I think that I will stick with misquite and fruit woods!

BayouBound

Old 04-21-2004, 07:22 PM   #4
BigAl
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouBound
Thanks Bill,
The more I research the more I want to stay away from these. This is a tree that has been distributed widely as an ornamental. It saps up in the spring and is a real opportunist. It chokes out other vegitation in whatever area it occupies. To kill it you must chop it down and treat the stump with pestacides within 20 minutes. If you don't, all of the roots will sprout new trees! I doubt that they would make anything taste good.

I think that I will stick with misquite and fruit woods!

BayouBound
Sounds like 'matic wood!

You can whip our Cream but you can't beat our SPAM.:clap:
[URL="http://www.AllenWilmer.com"]
[/URL]
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote