The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Cattle Call !!!

Notices

Cattle Call !!! Introducing... The Brethren.. Put your Bios here, a mug shot, a picture of your toys..Tell us who u are. Threads will lock down after 7-10 days to avoid post pumps on old introductions. Please avoid responding after thread is over a week old. DO NOT PITCH ANY PRODUCTS IN THIS FORUM, OR TRY TO VEIL A PITCH AS AN INTRODUCTION. IF YOUR SELLING IT, DON'T MENTION IT.

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 11:01 PM   #1
hornbri
On the road to being a farker

Default My turn

Hey yall hornbri here, I’m a displaced Texan that ain’t never smoked nothing but the wacky tobaccy till Saturday

Now don’t get me wrong, I done ate my share of brisket, ribs and sausage in texas, and I spent a Saturday or three or four w/ mook watchin my Horns, his Trojans, drinking beer and cookin in that big bitch of a pit of his, but I ain’t never had the need to fire up my own, that is till i got exiled up here in hippie land with all the gronola eatin, tree huggin, animal lovin…well you know the rest.

now that i had to go it alone I figure I’d ask mook for some advice on which smoker to buy. Since he and Bimofo300lbs had a cook planed for a couple of days later, we decided to wait and see how he like bigmo’s New Braunfels Offset. Well he loved that som bitch so much, he sent me the link to the NB web site so I could get more information. I didn’t get past the ‘dera on the first page though. I had to have me one.

So I did me a search to try and find one and up comes this group. I started lookin round, and finally decided I shoud ask if a ‘dera or WSM was right for me. Since I’m just startin and don’t care to fiddle with fire so much, I thought I’d take the advice of some Brethren and start with the WSM.

Well enough of my blabbering. Thanks for the advice on the WSM, I will post the results of my first smoke soon.

Horn

Oh yeah, I’m am King of the chili pot. I make the worlds hottest chili. Even these wacky liberals cant stop eatin it is so good. If you want some tips on makin some ass kickin chili I’m your man.

Old 04-14-2004, 11:10 PM   #2
mook
Full Fledged Farker

Hey Horn,

Are you gonna tell the group your thought on how the Horns can still win the '03 National Championship????????
Old 04-15-2004, 12:34 AM   #3
slat
is Blowin Smoke!

Welcome to the kingdom of stability. This place is where a brother can go to clear his head from all the crazy stuff in the world. Glad to have you here. Look forward to hearing about your Q sessions and tips on that chili.

Slat

Proud member of the MOFO chapter.

Bandera
Turkey Fryer
Rusting and corroding Gas Grill
Old 04-15-2004, 06:05 AM   #4
kcquer
Lives in Spirit

Hornbri, Great to have you aboard, real nice to have some Brothers that can get together regularly to cook and share ideas and experiences. If we haven't scared you off by now, you're gonna fit in just fine. Pop a top, pull up a thumb, and enjoy the fire.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:49 AM   #5
tommykendall
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Welcome Hornbri. If you haven't already bought your WSM, here's my $0.02. The WSM as I understand is a fantastic smoker. I've had one brand new in the box sitting my basement for almost 2 years. Why? - cuz I dig my Bandera and I dig tending fire. That's why I'm the PitBitch. Since you're on the west and have quite stable temps year round, I'd pick the 'dera over the WSM if you have the room for it. It has much more capacity and you'll get better burns than us Bandera users in the mid-northern central-eastern. If you're one to be sitting around drinking brews, tinkering around while you're cooking, go Bandera. Again - IMO.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:51 AM   #6
jt
Babbling Farker

Welcome Horn! This is a great place for help with smoking and a great bunch of brothers. Glad to have you!

Spicewine, 2 Dutch Ovens, Weber OTP, 18 " Weber Kettle, White Mountain Ice Cream Freezer, Whirly Pop, Cast Iron Hot Dog cooker, and a 15 year old. Moink.

RIP - my NB Bandera

"Sweet Blue to all" - E

Old 04-15-2004, 10:12 AM   #7
BigAl
is Blowin Smoke!

"If you fark with the bull, you might get the Horn", my Grampaw.

Wercome Horn!

You can whip our Cream but you can't beat our SPAM.:clap:
[URL="http://www.AllenWilmer.com"]
[/URL]
Old 04-15-2004, 10:25 AM   #8
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Welcome to the kingdom of stability.
What forum are you referring to?? Stability - here ??? Have you read the peanut thread?

Welcome to the group - you'll enjoy the WSM a lot. You can always move up to a bigger cooker later.

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
Old 04-15-2004, 07:56 PM   #9
hornbri
On the road to being a farker

Thanks guys.
Yep I did already get my WSM, but thats ok, I will move up to a Bandera as i gain a bit more experience.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:48 PM   #10
cabo
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFLittle
Quote:
Welcome to the kingdom of stability.
What forum are you referring to?? Stability - here ??? Have your read the peanut thread? :mregreen:

Welcome to the group - you'll enjoy the WSM a lot. You can always move up to a bigger cooker later.
Yeah, what you said!!!!!!!!!! We don't need no stinkin stability

Anyway, welcome!!!!
N.B. 'Dera (modified), gone to another place (RIP), ECCG (el cheapo charcoal grill), an Alveron propane, and wood hog cooker, bullitt type smokers, a GM Jim Bowie, a turkey fryer, and a pretty well stocked kitchen.

Cabo
Old 04-15-2004, 10:09 PM   #11
slat
is Blowin Smoke!

Hey compared to the real world this place is stable.

Slat

Proud member of the MOFO chapter.

Bandera
Turkey Fryer
Rusting and corroding Gas Grill
Old 04-19-2004, 09:30 AM   #12
Arlin_MacRae

HEHE You're right!

Welcome, Horn! Grab your gloves and tongs and fill your glass!

NB El Dorado Offset, Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition
Home Brewer, Murderer of Squirrels, Armadillo Inspector
Flaming Pig Head Mod
Black Thermapen, red backlit Thermapen
Certified KCBS BBQ Judge
Missin' KC...
Old 04-19-2004, 08:33 PM   #13
Solidkick

Welcome! Chime in every chance you get! I'm shootin' for the prizes when we get to 30,000 posts, and every one helps to get there! ;)

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Old 04-20-2004, 07:34 AM   #14
Bill-Chicago

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornbri
Thanks guys.
Yep I did already get my WSM, but thats ok, I will move up to a Bandera as i gain a bit more experience.
Um, this was 5 days ago.

Don't recall seeing your Q talk post from this weekend about breaking it in.

What are you waiting for? :)

The death of "willkat98"

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M
Closed Thread