ブタ
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 04-06-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
Bigdog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Bigmista's Secret Sauce

Several years ago, I had the privilege of meeting Bigmista and first trying some of his BBQ sauce. It was so different and awesome that I told him he needs to sell it. Well someday soon that may actually happen. Last year at the American Royal he had some all bottled up and was asking for feedback from others. Now I don't know what others think about it but I love it! Hopefully those of you who were also privileged to sample it will chime in here and let him know what you think of it.

You may be saying to yourself: What makes this sauce so good? For me it's the perfect blend of spices and flavoring that makes it. No one flavor blasts out, rather they all blend beautifully into a symphony of spices. Not too sweat, not too sour, not too anything. Just a great balance of flavors that complements most any BBQ whether it be ribs, chicken, beef or pork.

The other thing I like about this sauce is that it is different than any other sauce that I have tried, and I have tried a lot of them. It does take some getting used to for that same reason. You try it and at first you say that it tastes good, but you are not quite sure why. You have some more of it and you say to yourself, man that's good. And then you try it again and you say to yourself, man, that's really awesome sauce! I think that it is the amount of ingredients in it and the layers of flavors that you experience when you eat it that makes it so good.

My only complaints are that this stuff is not available for sale yet, and that it is not hot enough for me, but still is very, very good still. He spoiled me one time when he made me up a hotter version of this sauce. Maybe when he starts selling it, he will also make a hot version.

So if and when he ever starts selling this stuff, I hope you will try some and see what I mean. My daughter is his biggest fan and refers to this sauce as "My Sauce" but I think that I am a bigger fan (at least I have her outweighed). Maybe you will become a fan too.
Pitman for All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
MilitantSquatter

I agree Steve.

It's been a few years since I had the opportunity to try it, but it's really excellent. It just hits on all cylinders with a perfect balance of sweetness, spice and lots of tang.

Mista's been leading me on for years with the recipe. Last week, he even went so far as to PM me the ingredients list (sworn to secrecy on that) but tricked me on the proportions with the following X cups, x/x cup etc so I've got to basically guess !!!

He's the BBQ version of a caulk tease but it's OK. I'll wait for the time when he can finally get around to bottling it. It will be worth the wait since it's that good !!!

You listening Mista ???

Unread 04-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #3
Bigdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitantSquatter View Post
I agree Steve.

It's been a few years since I had the opportunity to try it, but it's really excellent. It just hits on all cylinders with a perfect balance of sweetness, spice and lots of tang.

Mista's been leading me on for years with the recipe. Last week, he even went so far as to PM me the ingredients list but tricked me on the proportions with the following X cups, x/x cup etc...

He's the BBQ version of a caulk tease but it's OK.I'll wait for the time when he can finally get around to bottling it. It will be worth the wait since it's that good !!!

You listening Mista ???
Yupper, same here. He gave me the list too but when I asked the big fella the amounts, he just looks at me and smiles and says, thats up to you Brother.
Pitman for All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
Bigmista

Thanks Big Dog and Vinny! WE are looking at doing some small batches and selling them on the internet. The trick is finding a bottle that is light enough to keep the shipping from costing more than the sauce.

BTW...I do have a recipe for a spicy sauce now...

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!

Bigmista Custom Spicewine Trailer - Olivia J. PIMA
Large and Medium Spicewines
Weber Ranch Kettle - E.T.

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 04-06-2010, 10:33 PM   #5
peppasawce
is one Smokin' Farker

Let us all know what the link is to the Bigmista website when you get them bottling issues squared away...I'd hit that
peppasawce is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-06-2010, 10:36 PM   #6
mmmmeat
is One Chatty Farker

Ive got a bottle in the fridge right now, tis some gggggggggggooooooooodddddddddddd ssssssstttttttuuuuuufffffffff
GROGG
MY BLOG

Facebookin it!
Avatar created by i really wish i remember, but they got skillZ
mmmmeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #7
bigabyte

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 1

I'm ready to order...just let me know when and where...
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-06-2010, 10:51 PM   #8
MRI_Guy
Full Fledged Farker

I - err I mean MRS_MRI - thinks that the sauce is just OK and that I NEED (at her request of course), to bring some more home to keep me - err I mean her - happy in a couple weeks (MRI install mod in Burbank coming up).

After all I - err I mean MRS_MRI - can not make a well informed opinion unless I (again I mean her/she) has another opportunity to sample that damn near perfect sauce.

1 - WSM, 1 - ECB, 1 - Char Broil Performance Series Grill on Deck, 1 - 18.5" Weber Kettle, 1 - Propane grill/mini-fridge combo, 2 - Propane Turkey Cookers, 1 - Football Grill, 1 - Rectangular Wal-Mart Special, 1 - Terra Cotta Pig I'm going to call Marvin, & one superfast RED Thermapen
MRI_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-07-2010, 01:05 AM   #9
PatioDaddio
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmista View Post
Thanks Big Dog and Vinny! WE are looking at doing some small batches and selling them on the internet. The trick is finding a bottle that is light enough to keep the shipping from costing more than the sauce.

BTW...I do have a recipe for a spicy sauce now...
Save all the bottling, labeling, and shipping hassle and just give us the recipe.

Hook a brotha up!

John
PatioDaddio is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Unread 04-07-2010, 01:12 AM   #10
big brother smoke

Big Mista's sauce is just plain ole goodness!

Well on further insight, Mrs. Mista is his taste tester!

https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/stor...nufacturer=314