The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners(temp offline)
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Cattle Call !!!

Notices

Cattle Call !!! Introducing... The Brethren.. Put your Bios here, a mug shot, a picture of your toys..Tell us who u are. Threads will lock down after 7-10 days to avoid post pumps on old introductions. Please avoid responding after thread is over a week old. DO NOT PITCH ANY PRODUCTS IN THIS FORUM, OR TRY TO VEIL A PITCH AS AN INTRODUCTION. IF YOUR SELLING IT, DON'T MENTION IT.

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 04:33 PM   #16
rusold
On the road to being a farker

Man,

You are going to go thru a major altitude - attitude - and especially humdity mod - have fun.

R
Old 03-30-2004, 04:48 PM   #17
Solidkick
somebody shut me the fark up.

You don't need no BBQ books when you got us!!

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Old 03-30-2004, 07:42 PM   #18
Bill-Chicago
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Western Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouBound
Everything is rush, rush out west. Maybe it's the lack of humidity?
They still think there's gold in them there hills.

The death of "willkat98"

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M
Old 03-30-2004, 09:26 PM   #19
stlmike

BB,
Glad you cleared that up. I was stationed ouside of San Francisco, in-laws live in Reno, Aunt & Uncle live outside of O'Fallon. Used to know your area pretty well. Plenty of BBQ advice here, not much gumbo experience that I know of. Could be wrong...somebody will let me know if I am.
Mike
Old 04-01-2004, 12:17 PM   #20
BayouBound
Got Wood.

Mike, Bill, Al, Mr. Kick and all the rest of you all. (Ya'll for my southern pals),
Went to Sam's, Wal-Mart, Lowe's and Home Depot yesterday. Still no Banderas here in town. I even visited our local BBQ grill store. They sell overpriced Webers and a bunch of way overprices grills. What's with these people! To there credit I did see a few smokers, the tin can types and some (too) small smokers. I need some volume.

I would really like to purchase one more for my other home. We usually feed ten hungry sons-O'-guns at a time. They want my baby backs. Those psudo-smokers just won't do.

Am I single handedly trying to populate the west with smokers? I share the frustration with the bretheren out west.

Bayoubound
Old 04-01-2004, 03:52 PM   #21
stlmike

BB,
I've got a Backwoods Party model Smoker. If you can't find a Bandera, I'd take a look at one. If you go that route, I can answer any questions that you might have. http://www.backwoods-smoker.com/
Mike
Old 04-04-2004, 10:50 AM   #22
BayouBound
Got Wood.

Hi Mike,
This is "bayoubound". Nice smoker you have!

Actually, I have a new www.kamado.com #9 in my back yard, here in Reno. It's real nice. Their extruded coconut charcoal is killer. I also have a can type electric water smoker (and a weber grill).

Since I sell pottery equipment on the side so I'm ordering a kiln shelf to use as a flame and heat shield. But, my bandera is at (our future home in) Louisiana. So I'll have to wait til' out next trip down to try it out. I'll submit a report in July.

I have been looking for a bandera here in Reno to use at the salt mine where I work. Not one in this town! We have 3 wallyworlds, 2 Lowe's, 2 Home Depots, 1 Target's, and a bunch of other places to look. Not one bandera.

The search continues. Thanks for your post!
Old 04-05-2004, 08:53 AM   #23
stlmike

BB, I'm hearing more and more about that extruded coconut charcoal. They were talking about it at Dr. BBq's class this past weekend. I normally use lump, but I think that I am going to try it.
Mike
Closed Thread