The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 02-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
cbagby64
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo on the Egg

With all of this snow I felt like a hearty soup/gumbo. I went to the deep freeze and found some andouille sausage and chicken thighs so I instantly thought gumbo! I thawed the sausage and chicken, then soaked the chicken in Kosmo's chicken soak. They went on the egg with a dusting of some random louisiana rub I bought last year. While the meat was cooking I made the roux, which is a pain in the arse, but worth it. After the meat was done I pulled the chicken and sliced the sausage and added it to a cast iron pan along with celery, okra, onion, and chicken broth. Once this was to temp I stirred in the roux and let it cook at 200 for about 2 hours. I then transfered it to the stove and let it simmer for 3 hours on low. Also made some thick red beans and rice to go along with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2603.jpg (29.7 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2609.jpg (39.9 KB, 53 views)

Unread 02-14-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
dig'em
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

gotta make the roux bro, there is no other way to do it right!

Looks good

Unread 02-14-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
Alan in Ga
is One Chatty Farker

That looks greatand reminds me we haven't made that or red beans and rice in a while. thanks
[SIZE=3]Golden Goose Egg(4 Times Certified)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Stumps 223 ,2 UDS,NB Hondo[/SIZE]
Alan in Ga is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 1

Ohhhh...I knew I shouldn't open this after sitting down to lunch! Now I'm wishing I had some Gumbo! It's the okra that is really doing it.
Yes, I own a whole bunch of BBQ crap also.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Get your MOINK Certification today!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club member
bigabyte is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #5
1FUNVET
Babbling Farker

That's what my wife is cooking now. Will be ready when i get home. Hot gumbo and cold beer is as good as it gets.
1FUNVET is offline   Reply With Quote