• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment Washington State BBQ Championship at Pike Place Market April 17 & 18

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Left Hand Smoke is in...who else will be kickin' off the PNWBA season with us? :cool: PNWBA

What an awesome place for a contest, where is it exactly? Too far from NE, but we love Pikes Market.

It is right along side the market on the cobblestone street! :p It's a bit of a nightmare to cook though...we can't load in until 6 pm on Saturday and the wind coming off the sound in April is pretty chilly. It's kind of a tradition with the PNWBA to kick off the season here as it is a qualifier. :cool:

On the good side...we won't want for coffee, food, or fresh produce...:biggrin:

Cooked this cookoff up until 2007. Several things learned over the years are
1. DO NOT FEED the homeless unless you want a riot
2. DO NOT feed the rats which run around at night, this includes sleeping on the ground.
3. Kiss the pig, did so in 2007 and took RGC to Dales GC
4. Don't set up on the open end of the street as pits do wonderful things in the wind coming off the sound, to include flying. Also, place your name on your canopy so that when it's found, it can be returned
5. Try the donut holes just down from the flying fish market (to the left of the pig. Best in the world
6. Try the blueberry tea at Anthony's
7. Good beer in the market pub
8. If still there, World Class Chili, is great but Joe, God Rest his soul, passed last year and it may not be open now. He always asked, when you ordered your chili, Mild, Hot, or do you want to meet Jesus
9. Make friends with security as they have the keys to the restrooms (the clean ones, not the public ones on the lower level.

1. DO NOT FEED the homeless unless you want a riot
2. DO NOT feed the rats which run around at night, this includes sleeping on the ground.
3. Kiss the pig, did so in 2007 and took RGC to Dales GC
4. Don't set up on the open end of the street as pits do wonderful things in the wind coming off the sound, to include flying. Also, place your name on your canopy so that when it's found, it can be returned
5. Try the donut holes just down from the flying fish market (to the left of the pig. Best in the world
6. Try the blueberry tea at Anthony's
7. Good beer in the market pub
8. If still there, World Class Chili, is great but Joe, God Rest his soul, passed last year and it may not be open now. He always asked, when you ordered your chili, Mild, Hot, or do you want to meet Jesus
9. Make friends with security as they have the keys to the restrooms (the clean ones, not the public ones on the lower level.

RE: #8. World Class Chili is long gone now.
#9. The city of Seattle sold the Million dollar self cleaning, drug and prostitution activity public restrooms in Crackhead Park-across from where the trailer pits setup! Too bad! I have a few tokens I was gonna give Doc!

So true!

And ...

10. You're very close to the Spice Factory. So, stock up on your bulk spice needs while you're there.

We have always wanted to set up in front of the orriginal Starbucks and cook our BBQ. Unfortunatlly it is just too far away.
Thanks
Mike
(Swinebuck)

We have always wanted to set up in front of the orriginal Starbucks and cook our BBQ. Unfortunatlly it is just too far away.
Thanks
Mike
(Swinebuck)

That's down toward the open end where it's a bit nippy this time of year...but if I think about it I'll send you a pic...I'm sure we'll be visiting it a time or two...:cool:

Thanks
Mike
(Swinebuck)

We actually had that spot last year! Directly across from the original Starbucks!

IMG_0345.jpg
IMG_0347.jpg

Back