The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #61
DoubleC
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Sorry guy's. I worked hard to pay for that class. I don't think anyone on this forum who's been to it is going to share anything they learned with you. Out of respect for Rod and Johnny my best advise to you would be to give them your money and quite trying to get folk's to share their recipe's. The way I looked at it was it might be one less contest I could afford to do but if it means I'm going to do a lot better in most all of my other ones then it's money well spent.
DoubleC is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 02-11-2010, 09:04 PM   #62
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

Yeah, don't reveal anything that Trigg saves for his class. The stuff on Pitmasters was cleared by him, I'd bet. A lot of it is well known technique anyway.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:06 PM   #63
Boshizzle

Here is a pic of Paul making the Trigg rib glaze. Looks like some sauce, some red stuff, and a generous portion of Squeeze Parkay.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:38 PM   #64
Cocophone
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I don't see the pics.
Cocophone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #65
Boshizzle

Looks like the hosting site is having some trouble. Someone will figure out the problem soon, I hope.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #66
Boshizzle

Before Paul was trained by Trigg, this is what he said he was told Trigg uses to glaze his ribs-

Old 02-12-2010, 09:30 PM   #67
ique
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boshizzle View Post
Here is a pic of Paul making the Trigg rib glaze. Looks like some sauce, some red stuff, and a generous portion of Squeeze Parkay.
Careful in assuming that Paul was diligent in his note taking at Triggs private class.
ique is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2010, 09:32 PM   #68
Boshizzle

Yep, who knows whether Paul is following directions or not. He does seem to have a tendency to wander from the proven path.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:44 PM   #69
dudz
Full Fledged Farker

Paul just makes rookie mistakes also i think trigg didn't tell him all of his secrets...
dudz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2010, 11:09 PM   #70
cruzmisl
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleC View Post
Sorry guy's. I worked hard to pay for that class. I don't think anyone on this forum who's been to it is going to share anything they learned with you. Out of respect for Rod and Johnny my best advise to you would be to give them your money and quite trying to get folk's to share their recipe's. The way I looked at it was it might be one less contest I could afford to do but if it means I'm going to do a lot better in most all of my other ones then it's money well spent.

Well it was worth a shot How much was the class anyway?
cruzmisl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #71
Peteg
Full Fledged Farker

Pretty sure it's $500.

Smoke Syndicate
BBQ team
Insulated vertical smoker
34" x 72" Custom Build "Slag"
Peteg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2010, 10:56 AM   #72
Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteg View Post
Pretty sure it's $500.
Correct, the class that Rod and Johnny did together was $500.

Pineland Liberator

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #73
buckinbbq
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmening View Post
What is 'Tiger Sauce' exactly?
It is really cooked on oysters off of the grill
buckinbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2010, 12:00 PM   #74
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleC View Post
AMEN BROTHER!!!! I have not taken any classes although I would love to.

for those who want to know how to cook bbq (not that I know how to but Im learning) is to....

cook bbq.. (Taking a class and research help as well)

I go out and spend money on ribs, pork butts and briskets and cook pretty much every weekend..I have cooked chicken every stinking weekend for months...

dont get me wrong asking questions is a great and wonderfull thing..but it just seems everyone wants the answers with out putting for the effort to gain the knowledge of what questions to ask.

please remember this is just my 2 cents and is ment with nothing but respect for all..especially the inovators of our craft...

I will now go to my room for a time out..

Sal
Smokin' Gnome BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2010, 04:48 PM   #75
Boshizzle

Everything you need to know to make good BBQ can be found in the threads on this forum. The part that can't be taught to you by someone else is the skill.

You can't learn to ride a bike by reading a book about it. You just have to get on the bike and ride taking your scrapes and bruises along the way.

So it is with cooking good BBQ. You just have to get out there, fire up the pit and do it until you figure it out.

It's not the recipe as much as it's the technique and skill.

However, watching and learning from accomplished BBQ cooks is part of the process. Trigg gave us a glimpse into how he cooks BBQ on "BBQ Pitmasters" and a lot can be gleaned from the little that he shared.

Personally, I will share everything I know about BBQ even though it's not much compared to many. In fact, that, I believe, is why this forum is here. We are all on the same quest for that perfect BBQ. I share what I know, others share what they know and the next thing you know we are all cooking better BBQ.