The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 07-12-2010, 09:42 AM   #106
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeBBQueen View Post
An excellent nomination, Sal the job is your and if you need any help I'd be more than willing

Thanks for volunteering
I didnt know I was volunteering!!!!!!!

so,are we going fancy = steak and fish etc...
or fun...burgers,dogs etc..

let me know what everyones thoughts are.

Sal

Unread 07-12-2010, 09:45 AM   #107
WannaBeBBQueen
is Blowin Smoke!

well here are some themes:

1. It’s a Small World
    An International Potluck with specialties from around the world creates a bold, engaging atmosphere. Invite a smorgasbord of Italian, French, German, African, Moroccan, Indian, Canadian, Greek, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, or Thai cuisine into your menu. From an authentic antipasto salad to a Chinese chicken slaw, the possibilities are endless!
  2. Mexican Fiesta
    Everything about the Mexican Potluck emphasizes family, friends and tradition. Tortilla chips & guacamole, taco shells, refried beans, seasoned shredded chicken or ground beef, fajitas, enchiladas, Spanish rice and diced mango will really give your potluck old world sizzle.
  3. Breakfast for Dinner
    A Breakfast Potluck featuring an assortment of rich and delicious breakfast items is always a huge crowd pleaser. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, hash browns, biscuits, country ham, French toast, coffee cake, sausage, cheese quiche and a variety of jellies, jams and syrups will have even your finicky eaters asking for seconds.
  4. Southern BBQ
    There are few things in the South more universally revered than good southern barbecue potluck. A good old plentiful potluck may include culinary delights like cornbread squares or muffins, baked beans, bbq pulled pork or beef sandwiches, cole slaw, macaroni & cheese, peach cobbler or cherry pie.
  5. Alphabet Soup
    With 26 letters to choose from, pick one and run with it! Things that start with "C" may become a creative cornucopia that can include chili, chowder, chicken, carrots, cauliflower, calamari, chips, cucumbers, corn, couscous, cake, coconut, cookies, curly fries, chocolate and candy.
  6. Memory Lane
    A Comfort Food Potluck has its own unique style and invokes feelings of nostalgia and warmth. Home style favorites like macaroni and cheese, chicken & dumplings, chili, mashed potatoes, pork chops & gravy, meatloaf, apple pie and chocolate chip cookies are a few potluck hall of famers.
  7. Heart & Soul
    A Soul Food Potluck is a tasteful delight for all to experience and enjoy at least once, and this creative theme is a favorite among cooks and food lovers alike. Potluck showstoppers may include fried chicken, pork ribs, succotash, corn bread, okra, black eyed peas, shrimp and grits, fried green tomatoes, collard greens and beans over rice.
  8. Giving Thanks
    It doesn’t have to be Thanksgiving Day to give thanks and host a party that features all of your holiday favorites. Even if you get a new twist on an old classic, roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, yams, green bean casserole and pumpkin pie can be enjoyed all year round.
  9. The Last Meal
    This unique potluck theme lets your guests choose any item to bring… as long as it begins with the first letter of their last name. Sarah Smith can bring spaghetti, Barbara Brown can bring buffalo wings, Mary Martin can bring mud pie and so on….and so on.
  10. Barnyard Fun
    For a fun down-home feel, you can enjoy a collection of dishes made from anything you would find on a farm. This theme offers a wide variety of food, from vegetarian to meat-inspired, plus the usual range of desserts and breads. There is a lot to choose from but popular meals are barnyard stew, chicken pot pie, roasted pork, sliced turkey, creamed corn, fresh fruits and vegetables, egg salad and zucchini bread to name a few.
KCBS Member
KCBS CBJ
Charbroil Bandera
Charbroil Silver Smoker/Grill
Weber Kettle 18 & 26
WSM 18 1/2
Kamado 18"
FEC 100

http://www.myspace.com/wannabebbqueen
http://www.tripadvisor.com/members/JMBred

*the views of the user Skip (The Prince Consort) do not necessarily reflect those of WannaBeBBQueen...lol
WannaBeBBQueen is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-12-2010, 01:38 PM   #108
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

I have 3 nominations for themes I think would be fun.

German Theme! - brats, beer, cabbage and did I say beer?

Creole - nuff said?

Hawaiian luau - PIGS, pineapples, tiki torches, coconut bikinis..

As long as Sal gets in a coconut bikini, you know what I'm voting for!!

Unread 07-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #109
Sledneck
Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Gnome BBQ View Post
I didnt know I was volunteering!!!!!!!

so,are we going fancy = steak and fish etc...
or fun...burgers,dogs etc..

let me know what everyones thoughts are.

Sal
fried chicken and waffles
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-12-2010, 09:29 PM   #110
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Sled is coming? That means we will get the sledcast!

Unread 07-13-2010, 06:10 AM   #111
WannaBeBBQueen
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledneck View Post
fried chicken and waffles
oh now that sounds good!
KCBS Member
KCBS CBJ
Charbroil Bandera
Charbroil Silver Smoker/Grill
Weber Kettle 18 & 26
WSM 18 1/2
Kamado 18"
FEC 100

http://www.myspace.com/wannabebbqueen
http://www.tripadvisor.com/members/JMBred

*the views of the user Skip (The Prince Consort) do not necessarily reflect those of WannaBeBBQueen...lol
WannaBeBBQueen is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #112
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

if you are planing on competing at this event and would like to attend the Friday night "pot luck" let me know so we can look at a menu/theme.thanks!!

Sal

Unread 07-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #113
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

This just in from the Raystown office, They are calling this a stimulus package...

The powers that be would like to get the applications rolling in and is not so concerned with the payments right now so they are offering extending the early entry fee set to expire this week to anyone who gets their team applications in now. The payment will need to be in within 30 days to get the $25 off the entry fee.

ok so get your applications in mailed before Friday and get the lower entry fee rate. payment will be due in 30 days. Any questions? Sorry I'm just relaying the message. I'll now take questions.

Unread 07-13-2010, 12:09 PM   #114
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
if you are planing on competing at this event and would like to attend the Friday night "pot luck" let me know so we can look at a menu/theme.thanks!!

Sal
I'll attend! Just let me know the theme and I'll make sure I or the wife will bring something!

Unread 07-13-2010, 12:59 PM   #115
fillyfish44
Found some matches.

Default BBQ at the Beach

Just mailed the check today. Looking forward to my first competition! I'm sure I'll have some laughs! Team F & F Bar-B-Q
fillyfish44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-13-2010, 08:43 PM   #116
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Cool! I had no idea PA even had a Denver! Looking forward to meeting you.

Unread 07-13-2010, 09:49 PM   #117
fillyfish44
Found some matches.

Yep. Right between Lancaster and Reading. My neighbor and I have been smoking for a couple years and I've taken it pretty seriously. Bought a Meadow Creek TS250 in the spring and I've probably annoyed Ed with my emailing since then making sure there was still a spot. We'll have a bunch of folks with us to witness us and drink some beer. Now I'll ask all my questions on this thread

Unread 07-13-2010, 09:56 PM   #118
fillyfish44
Found some matches.

Been keeping an eye on this thread for a while before actually taking the plunge and registering. It certainly seems like there are bunch of good people involved with these things! The help and tips and all that is awesome. I'm just starting to put my list together and I'm quickly learning I would have not thought of a whole bunch of little stuff without this and other threads!

Unread 07-14-2010, 06:30 AM   #119
Black Cat BBQ
On the road to being a farker

Quote:

Sal
We'll help out with this...like the idea of waffles and fried chicken too!
Black Cat BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-14-2010, 06:40 AM   #120
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Filly - I dont think you've annoyed Ed at all! We are here to help you and make this as enjoyable and comfortable as possible for the competitors. If the teams are happy, the people will come. We are glad you will be coming! If you would like, we are planning a judges class at the visitors center for thursday before the event so Sept 16th. I will post more info as that becomes available. I know I will be taking it just so it will help me in my competitions.

PS - waffles and fried chicken is an awesome idea!