Team Name Change

Bayou Boogie BBQ

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
My competition team name is now Bayou Boogie BBQ. I was thinking about changing it to make it more personal. Here are my alternatives:

Barry's Fatboy BBQ
Barry's Bayou BBQ
Barry's OCD Barbeque

What do ya'll think? You like any of them, or should I just keep what I got.

If it helps, I live in South Louisiana and I cook with a Backwoods Fatboy Smoker.

I like using the word Bayou. Your original name is pretty solid. I also like Barry's Bayou BBQ. Maybe flipped: Bayou Barry's BBQ.

Here is one other variation:

Bayou Fatboy BBQ

Yeah, I kinda like the bayou too. I'm not too thrilled with the boogie part. I dont even know what a boogie is.

My competition team name is now Bayou Boogie BBQ. I was thinking about changing it to make it more personal. Here are my alternatives:

Barry's Fatboy BBQ
Barry's Bayou BBQ
Barry's OCD Barbeque

What do ya'll think? You like any of them, or should I just keep what I got.

If it helps, I live in South Louisiana and I cook with a Backwoods Fatboy Smoker.
How about Barry's Backwoods Bayou BBQ

How about Barry's Backwoods Bayou BBQ

That one has too much alliteration. I'm a fan of either Barry's Backwoods BBQ or Barry's Bayou BBQ. The human mind is really programmed to like the number 3, its all about the symmetry. Having that fourth word in there stops the flow of the name.

Why does it have to be more personal?

I happen to think your current name rocks. Take a look at the team names form most of the top teams. How many have "personal" team names?

And I love the word Boogie in your name. The current name rolls off the tongue much nicer.

Why does it have to be more personal?

I happen to think your current name rocks. Take a look at the team names form most of the top teams. How many have "personal" team names?

And I love the word Boogie in your name. The current name rolls off the tongue much nicer.

I've been talking this over with everbody I know and the consensus seems to be to stick with what I got. Plus, my wife reminded me that I'm superstitious. If I change my team name I might stop getting calls. I dont wanna lose my mojo.

I like Barry's Bayou BBQ. Personal and sounds great. :icon_cool

How about BayouQ? I can picture the back of your shirts with phrases like.... I Love BayouQ.... Eat BayouQ.... BayouQ, it's whats for dinner.

What's wrong with Bayou Boogie BBQ? I like it. Reminds me of Rum Boogie Cafe in Memphis.

Back