The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 02-07-2004, 02:21 PM   #1
TangSooDoMan
Got Wood.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Getting new Bandera Sunday!

I bought a Brinkmann Cimmeron last spring, and while I got some really good Q out of it, I could only use half of it because of the heat from the fire box (it's a horizontal style). Called the store where I got it and they said to bring it in and they would give me full credit toward a new one! The Cimmeron was $299 and I am going to trade it in on a Bandera thats $229, what a deal!!

Last year when I bought the Brinkmann I was torn between the Cimmeron and the Bandera. I liked the heavy steel of the Brinkmann, but the cooking space of the Bandera. I went with the Brinkmann and I regret it. Well tomorrow, I correct that mistake!
TangSooDoMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-07-2004, 02:31 PM   #2
willkat98
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Western Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.

Tang, you got a good deal there $229 is pretty good.

Welcome to the group

"Boots and Pants and Boots and Pants and Boots and Pants..." - Maxwell

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven
willkat98 is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-07-2004, 02:42 PM   #3
slat
is Blowin Smoke!

I love my bandera. I looked at others, but liked everything about the Bandera. I don't regret buying it.

Proud member of the MOFO chapter.

Bandera
Turkey Fryer
Rusting and corroding Gas Grill
slat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-07-2004, 02:52 PM   #4
willkat98

Location: Chicago Western Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.

I shoveld out the Beast and then we got a call from the city that we need to boil water before using it. Q plans on hold when I can't do prep everything without boiling farking water.

Hey Tang, go take a look in the Photo SEction under Brethren who we are. Page 3 has a family photo that members got for Christmas

"Boots and Pants and Boots and Pants and Boots and Pants..." - Maxwell

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven
willkat98 is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-08-2004, 09:44 AM   #5
Bigdog

Default Re: Getting new Bandera Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangSooDoMan

Last year when I bought the Brinkmann I was torn between the Cimmeron and the Bandera.
I had the same problem as you. I went with the Bandera because while I was looking at them, someone came up to me and said to buy it. He had one and loved it. I'm glad I did. Only wish I had gotten his name. He would enjoy this group too.

Congrats on moving up to the beast and joing this group. Have you done the mods yet?

Weber Platinum Kettle, Weber OTS, Meco square grill, ECB, a WSM, a cool fold up camping grill, a Blackstone flat top camping stove, The MOAB, and now the proud owner of a YS640, MOINK.

Smoke on Brother KC

Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-08-2004, 12:14 PM   #6
TangSooDoMan
Got Wood.

I haven't picked it up yet. We will be going to get it after lunch. The first mod I will do is for the heat deflector.
TangSooDoMan is offline   Reply With Quote